mtbr member

Stolen Rush Carbon 1--Central NC

This is from a message posted on the TriangleMTB forums from one of the employees of The Bicycle Chain in Raleigh, NC:

A brand new size large black and blue Cannondale Rush Carbon 1 with full 2007 XTR, Mavic SLR wheels, Lefty Carbon forks, etc. was stolen from the Bicycle Chain in Raleigh on Tuesday, July 3rd in the afternoon. If anyone sees this bike or has any info regarding its return you will be handsomley rewarded (not talking a couple tubes people). Please call the shop at 919-782-1000 if you can help. There are not too many of these bikes in NC, let alone the Triangle, the serial # is on file at the shop to confirm bike's identity.

I'm reposting it here, just in case someone comes across something or eBay or the MTBR classifieds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    This is from a message posted on the TriangleMTB forums from one of the employees of The Bicycle Chain in Raleigh, NC:

A brand new size large black and blue Cannondale Rush Carbon 1 with full 2007 XTR, Mavic SLR wheels, Lefty Carbon forks, etc. was stolen from the Bicycle Chain in Raleigh on Tuesday, July 3rd in the afternoon. If anyone sees this bike or has any info regarding its return you will be handsomley rewarded (not talking a couple tubes people). Please call the shop at 919-782-1000 if you can help. There are not too many of these bikes in NC, let alone the Triangle, the serial # is on file at the shop to confirm bike's identity.

I'm reposting it here, just in case someone comes across something or eBay or the MTBR classifieds.
    Damn that sucks, such a sexy bike!
    '12 Jet 9 RDO 22.9 lb
    '14 Rip 9 | Pike 140mm 26.6
    10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb Stolen
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb

LA CHÈVRE
    Thieves with great tastes... still thieves though.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Yeah--definitely sucks. They're pretty decent folks at that shop.

Apparently the thief had taken the bike out for a test ride. An employee held the guys driver's license while he did this (as is their policy). The thief returned the bike and got his license back. It was busy in the store, so the employees couldn't lock the bike back up right away. As soon as they weren't looking, the thief walked back out the door with the bike. No one noticed.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Yeah--definitely sucks. They're pretty decent folks at that shop.

Apparently the thief had taken the bike out for a test ride. An employee held the guys driver's license while he did this (as is their policy). The thief returned the bike and got his license back. It was busy in the store, so the employees couldn't lock the bike back up right away. As soon as they weren't looking, the thief walked back out the door with the bike. No one noticed.
    Crap...No photocopy of the licsence?
    Theres some carbon rush on ebay
    CDT

Huge Tracts of Land
    I love my Rush 1, I hope you catch the thief soon, I can't imagine how they can get away with selling or even riding in locally...?
    Haven MTB Park
    1997 F2000
    2004 F4000 SL
    2007 Carbon Rush 1 Team

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleTony
    Crap...No photocopy of the licsence?
    CDT
    I guess not. That's a good idea though.

mnt bike laws of physics
    I lived in Raleigh for 16 years. I feel for you man. My poor bro is still there. The urban sprawl has taked him over. Mine is an XL so I promise it wasn't me
    I suppose you ride at the trails out at Falls Lake. Have been there once and had a good time.
    By the way, the carbon Rush is a most awesome bike with the swinger in the rear anyway. The guy sure has exquisite taste. Keepin' up with the Jones' down in Raleighville I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    ugh that sucks ;[ I would give that guy a beating for just touching a Cannondale ;p

And for the idea to copy the drivers licence: U can't do that it violates rights, a bike shop has no right to copy any personal documents without permission of the owner of the document. Beside that it would just create additional cost for paper, copymachine and employeetime.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I guess not. That's a good idea though.
    Not really. If they didn't see who walked out with it.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Very good racezero! If no one noticed, they would just be assuming the same guy walked out with it. The probabilty is higher it was him, but not a guarantee.

BTW, the Cdale team mech. told me that on several occasions, people have gone to demos and test rode bikes and never came back - leaving their Drivers licenses with the mechanic!!! That is Fu++ed UP man!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    My brother just bought a Carbon Rush just like the one in the picture, and we are going to NC Next week... But his its a MEIUM Size and we changed the wheelsset... So it looks different..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    Well, it might be one place to start.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiprophet
    I lived in Raleigh for 16 years. I feel for you man. My poor bro is still there. The urban sprawl has taked him over.
    The urban sprawl has definitely taken over. Heck, it has a lot of places. I moved down here from MPLS.

But fortunately, the has been preserved quite a bit of singletrack with quite a few more miles coming in the next year. We've got a pretty good and active local club--part of SORBA.

mtbr member
    Is this the bike? I just saw it searching in the classifieds on Ridemonkey.
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/classified...uct=8053&cat=2

Edit:
    saw it on ebay and there is a sales slip shown in one of the pictures along with a warrenty card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    Last edited by mountainbiker9109; 08-19-2007 at 07:29 PM.

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbiker9109
    Is this the bike? I just saw it searching in the classifieds on Ridemonkey.
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/classified...uct=8053&cat=2

Edit:
    saw it on ebay and there is a sales slip shown in one of the pictures along with a warrenty card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    I contacted the guy who had it stolen and reported it to ebay...(hopefully that was a good idea.)
    Original thread... http://trianglemtb.com/yabbse/index....0&topic=9897.0
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar69
    ugh that sucks ;[ I would give that guy a beating for just touching a Cannondale ;p

And for the idea to copy the drivers licence: U can't do that it violates rights, a bike shop has no right to copy any personal documents without permission of the owner of the document. Beside that it would just create additional cost for paper, copymachine and employeetime.
    All the shop has to do is ask if they can make a copy. If the person says no, then the shop isn't obligated to let them take the bike out. Car dealerships do it all the time. Someone who is serious about buying the bike isn't going to object to having their license photocopied.
    2007 Cannondale Rush 5

mtbr member
    Here's a 2007 Cannondale Rush that matches the description. I'm not sure if its the one, but just posting it incase RideFaster or someone else wants to look into it any further. Seems like he is selling it pretty cheap.
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/classified...uct=8481&cat=2

I like to ride my bike.
    Here's a 2007 Cannondale Rush that matches the description. I'm not sure if its the one, but just posting it incase RideFaster or someone else wants to look into it any further. Seems like he is selling it pretty cheap.
    E-mail sent. Thanks!
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    This guy is selling a lot of bikes.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/classified...0&ppuser=24607

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ*baraka