mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Stem length on 08 rush 5z

When I got my rush the shop fitted me and swaped the stem. So my question is what is the original length and how do I measure the one I got? Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi, 90mm, on a medium the new one should say on it somewhere, whats the problem with it

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the reply. I just wanted to know what i started with and then see what I got.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My medium had a 110mm stock and I had it switched out to 90mm. Bike store did it free to my new bike.

2008 5Z

-Steve in NJ

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for that. My current stem is 110mm I just found out. I'm thinking about getting a shorter one as I feel quite stretched out at times. The terrain around here is a lot of short steep ups and downs and I hoping that it will feel a little more balanced on the downs. As it is right now I feel to far forward while descending. Will it help with turning while descending as well?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    My bike felt like a brand new bike to me.

I'm 5'7". The bike always felt "long" to me. It has a relatively long wheelbase to start with and the long stock stem did not help whatsoever. I doubted it would make much of a difference but it made my bike 100X more enjoyable.

I also moved my grips in 1/4" on each side, road around for a few rides and realized I liked that positioning better and cut the handlebar 1/4" on each side. The bar is extremely wide for someone without long arms.

It's amazing how the small changes are really huge.

-Steve in NJ

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Guys i have own a small Rush 5, and i am 5.9", my older Scott reflex had a short TT, so i felt more confortable on my Small framed rush, but i am having second thoughts, speciall now that i see steve riding a medium at 5.7"

though i have heard the rush long tt might fit somebody like me. i was so exited to buy this bike i dont know if i was blinded by the excitement.

can you help me out

mtbr member
    My 3z came with a 110mm stem. I'm also 69" and until recently switched from a SC Superlight to the rush. When comparing TT lengths the rush was only about 11mm longer in the TT than my SC so going down from a 120mm stem to a 110 was a no brainer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    you meant you are 5.9"??, what size is your rush?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kanguro
    you meant you are 5.9"??, what size is your rush?
    69" equals 5' 9" (5 feet is 60 inches). I rdie a med.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    that is what i am afraid of, i have little experience and bought a small, think they where trying to get rid of it at the store.... how does yours fit?

mtbr member
    I'm more torso vs. legs so our fits are likely pretty different but as it stands, its spot on with a traditional fork. I'll be installing a lefty soon so I'm not sure how that will effect my fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kanguro
    that is what i am afraid of, i have little experience and bought a small, think they where trying to get rid of it at the store.... how does yours fit?
    Sorry but 5.9" in most if not all cases would be a MED.

mtbr member
    rush + 90mm stem + setback seatpost = great fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    thanks guys