mtbr member

Standard stem length on '07 Medium Scalpel?

Hi guys, does anybody know what Cannondale ship '07 Medium Scalpels with?
    I'm pretty sure it's 5 degree but not sure if it's 120mm or 100mm.
    Thanks.

LA CHÈVRE
    You never got your answer.
    To my knowledge, they are +5° x 100mm on mediums...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Thanks Dan! I knew I could rely on you to come through. I'm running the fatty at the moment with the 120mm but am thinking of going to the lefty sl with the integrated stem/steerer. I feel only stretched out a little with the 120mm but I'm worried the 110mm might be a little short. If 115mm is my ideal, would you be tempted to go shorter or longer?
    Thanks mate, and hope you had a great xmas and will have a safe and happy new year in '08!!

LA CHÈVRE
    When in between sizes, I'd go for the side that will help my weaknesses... Huuh? I'm a great climber, much more than a downhiller. So if I can't get just the right, perfect sized stem, I'd need to pick between something that will help climbing or descending, both by very tiny amount, I would pick what helps descending, a shorter stem in that case. It wouldn't be short enough to hurt my climbing but I like to think it might help me get a bit faster on downhills... That's just me though.

As for Christmas, it was real nice but like always, ate way too much! Hope you had a good time too and that 2008 will treat you well!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Thanks Dan, that makes perfect sense and was pretty much along my lines of thinking.