mtbr member
    Apr 2006

standard shock in C. Jekyll????

Hi!!!

This is my first time posting here

I have the chance of buying a new cannondale jekyll frame without the shock. It's a long time since I first saw this frame, and i like it a lot.
    The problem is that is difficult to find a shock for it, and i've heard that it's possible to use a standard shock, making some bricos.

Is that possible? How can be done? Does it works well?

Thanks a lot

kribi

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Hi there, and welcome aboard! I am not sure what bricos are, but I have not heard of using anything other than a Jekyll shock for them.Someone posted a company who I'd not heard of, that was making Jekyll style shocks, within the last few months, anyone? Anyone? As far as finding another, eBay has usually got a few floating about. If you can source one, even if it's dead, it's okay, as you can justy send it to PUSH to get reworked, a worthwhile upgrade anyway, as the Jekyll does have a bit of bob associated with it. Have fun
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Hey thanks for your answer.
    Sorry for the word "brico", it was a direct traduction from spanish ;-) . With that i mean wether there is any kind of piece that assembled to the frame allows to use a standard shock.
    As you sais the other alternative is buying one in ebay, but its difficult to catch one!!!and because i'm from europe, its a bit complicated to send it to Push.

Thanks again, i'll continue investigating ;-)

mtbr member
    The standard shock for the short travel Jekyll was the Fox RC with lock our (blue lever ) .
    The long travel frame came with the Fox RL .

mtbr member
    These guys show one
    Risse Racing
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out, it's the grain of sand in your shoe