gl1
    Jan 2006

SRAM GXP crankset on 2008 Cannondales

Hi people.

I have purchased a 2008 Cannondale Prophet 2. I was wanting to get the SRAM GXP 2 cranks off, but the left crank will not come off! Looking at the Truvativ cranksets, the left crank comes off before the right, but it seems to be stuck. Can anyone help me with this dilemma, please! I can't find anything on the SRAM GXP cranksets, but I assume they are an OEM product and are similar to Truvativ GXP cranks. That is, the left crank should just pull off, like XT cranks.

Cheers.

Alright, sorry to bother you all with this one. I finally worked out the self-extracting bolt! This is embarrassing....
    Last edited by glollbac@une.edu.au; 12-15-2007 at 11:48 PM.

Ridin' dirty!
    :d :d :d :d :d
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom Delta V

mtbr member
    well they are very similar because Truvativ is owned by SRAM. I don't know if there is a special tool for the GXP or not...definitely something to look into though.

mtbr member
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong here but from my assumption, I think it has its own extracter bolt that you just have to keep turning with the allen wrench and the outside shim nut helps pull off the crank as your turning.

If this is a bit hard to garner, then always check the website...its pretty easy. My cranks are the same brand and I just have to use the one allen wrench to get it off...easy peezey.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong here but from my assumption, I think it has its own extracter bolt that you just have to keep turning with the allen wrench and the outside shim nut helps pull off the crank as your turning.
    That is correct - I have this crank on my 29er One. Works just like other self extracting cranks.

mtbr member
    BLOODY great idea if you ask me...SO much more trail friendly if in the need.
    Last edited by Sim2u; 12-24-2007 at 08:10 AM.