mtbr member
    Sep 2007

speed lefty to carbon lefty in 29er

ok guys, im new to the lefty game. i bought a 29er caffeine back in the summer and still havent ridden it. my goal was to go sub 20# and im thinking the only way to get there is with a carbon lefty.

which carbon lefty do i need for a 29er? there are just so many variations out there and i cant figure out exactly which one i need.

thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    bump

i got it ridable today and it came in at 22# i need to know which carbon lefty to buy please!

mtbr member
    LEFTY 29'ER CARBON SL w/DLR

Specifications:
    Intended Use XC Racing, Marathon
    Travel (mm) 80
    Damper DLR
    Spring Solo Air
    Lockout Lever On/Off
    Weight Lbs. (gr) 2.60 (1179)

Third from the bottom:

http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...ools/Headshok/

Keep it Simple Stupid!!!

Hope That's gonna be an Expensive Half pound saved

The Speed, is that the fork on the 2009 Caffeine? That's gonna cost a lot of dough for a little over 200 grams. Below 24lbs weight savings gets expensive
    SF
    Who cares how much gas you save, ride your bike to work because it's fun!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    my speed is an 07 model i believe.

you know i didnt even think to look on the cdale website. i was getting confused with which could be used as a 29er and what all of the different abbreviations were for.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by superspec
    my speed is an 07 model i believe.

you know i didnt even think to look on the cdale website. i was getting confused with which could be used as a 29er and what all of the different abbreviations were for.
    The 29er fork is identical as the 110mm 26" fork (DLR2) save 30mm of spacers and a different air piston. The spacers are super easy to swap out. The piston is a bit more involved.

Honestly, wheels are where you really want to save weight on your 29er. There isn't much difference between a DLR2 and the SL110 (carbon) as far as weight goes. Just more bling. And you'll pay for it... $700 or so.

My 29er caffeine is 25lbs w/ Stans Arch rims, X9/X7 drivetrain, Afterburner BB30 crank, Ergons, and midrange for the rest of the bits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    it has I9 ultralight wheels on it and its setup SS.