Sofa King We Todd Did

Source for Lefty-specific bike parts?

My bike is so new - and so perfect - right now that I have no wish to change anything on it. Well, except for the sad excuse for tires, the Hutchinson Scorpion Airlights, that came with the bike. Those are gone now. But I digress...

I'm asking this for future reference. Now, because of the Lefty Max fork on my Jekyll, standard stems, headsets or front hubs won't fit. I can't think of any other parts that are affected by the Lefty front shock.

From another thread, I know that Mavic and Woodman make Lefty-specific front hubs. Any others? And in the event that I ever needed to change my stem or headset, where can I go for parts aside from Cannondale parts through my dealer?

`Count Scalpula'
    Aug 2004

New question here.

Good topic.
    I have been trying to locate stems for my Cannondales. The local bike shop where I bought my Team Scalpel says that "They are hard to come by, Next!"
    I would rather stick with the Cannondale stems that seem to be lighter than the Roox & Kore stems that are all about the same in price?
    The stem sizes and off sets that I am looking for are the 80m x 0*, and a 100m x 0*.
    I have both the 80m x 20* but cannot turn it down over for a lower bar because it makes contact with the lefty fork. The 100m x 20* stem when turned down is just alittle too low. When both are turned up, they end up makng the handle bars way higher than the seat.
    Any leads would be awsome.
    Should I try a different Cannondale dealer?
    racerX

LA CHÈVRE

Woodman

I never used their products but heard great things about Woodman Components. They make Cannondale compatible stems and a Lefty compatible hub. As for headsets, I don't see why you would want to change the Cannondale that comes with the bike, of all the headsets I ever used, they are the best and most bombproof, all without any maintenance.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I never used their products but heard great things about Woodman Components. They make Cannondale compatible stems and a Lefty compatible hub. As for headsets, I don't see why you would want to change the Cannondale that comes with the bike, of all the headsets I ever used, they are the best and most bombproof, all without any maintenance.
    I agree with Dan Gerous, Cannondale Headsets are great. Don't fret. Just get another set if you ever have to.

mtbr member
    I guess it may have been heavier but I ran a Kore Elite stem in the Headshok size for a long time with no problems whatsoever. You can usually find the stems on eBay. I don't know about the actual C'dale ones though.

Are you talking to me?

Syntace, also.

If you want a dual clamp stem/bar combo.

The headset bearings can be purchased at any dealer, or just about any bearing supply store in the country. Do no sweat the headset. Very reliable. Very easy to replace when needed.
    gfy

mtbr member

mtbstore.com

In reply to an e-mail about carrying a large number of Cannondale hard to find parts, I got this:

"We make it our business to carry parts that other dealers won't carry. We
    hope that you like our selection."

These guys have a ton of small Cannondale parts. You should check them out (I don't work for them but came across their site during a web search).

BTW, I've been riding Cannondale Headshoks for about 10 years now and have never had a problem with the headset bearing (especially now that they use a cover ring).

Good luck with your Cannondale!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Profile Design also

makes (or made) a very nice 1.5" stem called "stiffy", which comes in a variety of sizes and angles. Your shop can order them for you, and I've seen them on Ebay alot. They are super stiff and strong, yet weigh the same as the stock Cdale stem--which I always found too flexy.
    I agree that there are zero issues with Cannondale headsets, but their Lefty bearings only seem to last me about 8-9 months before developing play. Still, not too expensive. Do the Mavic or Woodman versions last any longer?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

C-Dale stems

Hey Guys,

I work for Syntace and we do make a Cannondale stem. If you need anything feel free to contact me.
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt

mtbr member
    Yeah, my C'dale came with the Syntace VRO and it was a great stem/bar combo. Unfortunately, it was way too long so I went with Kore. I loved the double clamp though. It was super stiff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Vro

I'm glad that you liked the VRO stem. The double clamp is super stiff and the adjustability is an added bonus. Or is the stiffness an added bonus to the adjustability.......
    ]
    Craig "Skippy" Hoyt