mtbr member
    Jun 2007

So in order to get my girl to ride, I gave her my beloved Super V active

I was one of the first in the country to get it when it came out back in late 1995 early 1996? Has the old school head tube sticker. I broke my M500 after riding it I'd guess a few thousand miles including a few races in the early 90's, and so got to order the then new super V active in red. Over the years, I put some parts like an AC crankset, Hope/Marwi titanium wheelset, XTR shifters, Real Brake levers, Saches New Success deraileur, Ti bar, and American Classic Ti seatpost on. I wanted to get her started right in this awesome sport.
    I bought a Gemini frame to build up, after my Schwinn/Yeti Dh 6 frame sat around for years never being built. Today I decided to put it up on ebay, and put my efforts into starting my next Cannondale MTB chapter. Anyone gave their beloved bike to someone, so they can start our sport with the best?

Spooooon!
    I gave a Killer V to my wife. I loved that bike, it climbed like no other and looked sweet as well. Turns out that even a stem change, new fork, seat & seat post, and some other adjustments just didn't work. Several years later she's not riding it as much as if I had just purchased a bike for her that fit her correctly instead of trying to make a hand me down work. Me sure your bike fits her, otherwise she may not enjoy the sport as much as she could.

p.s. I now have the Killer V back, but the frame will most likely just hang on the wall.