Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,132

    So , I uh, got a new bike......

    Wrong site though........
    2003 XR800 -MINT, pretty much 98% new.

    CDT
    Heck the hubs are kinda blingy even....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,396
    Nice... but those levers are pointing to the sky a bit no?

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,887
    You do know that isn't a mountain bike right?
    Well, you could ride it on the trails, but the medical bills would be costly.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  4. #4
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nice... but those levers are pointing to the sky a bit no?
    Yea, I have a couple things to do to set it up. First up, a shorter stem.

  5. #5
    discombobulated SuperModerator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nice... but those levers are pointing to the sky a bit no?
    Yea, I have a couple things to do to set it up. First up, a shorter stem.

  6. #6
    All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Reputation: MendonCycleSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,725
    Sweet! An anorexic 29er Nice score, that thing'll rock, looks like the previous owner didn't get much help with setup, it's all goofied out. Have fun with it!
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

    - FrostyStruthers



    www.mendoncyclesmith.com

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sp3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    558
    all it needs are some skinny knobbly's Looks sweet

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14
    congrats , nice bike

  9. #9
    Retro Cannondale Addict
    Reputation: Mogul218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    79
    Nice bike Tony! You should throw some aero bars on it like I did on mine.


  10. #10
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,396
    A cyclocross bike with aero bars? That's worst than riser bars with bar-ends!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  11. #11
    Retro Cannondale Addict
    Reputation: Mogul218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    A cyclocross bike with aero bars? That's worst than riser bars with bar-ends!
    D'oh, didn't know that was a cyclocross. Shows how much knowledge I have outside of mountain bikes. Mine is a road bike so aero bars are a-ok on it. So, what makes a bike cyclocross anyway? I'm pretty ignorant in that area.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: broomhandle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Nice... but those levers are pointing to the sky a bit no?
    i think they are fine, bombing down a hill, i think i would want them up high like that.

    ... sweet bike!

  13. #13
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogul218
    D'oh, didn't know that was a cyclocross. Shows how much knowledge I have outside of mountain bikes. Mine is a road bike so aero bars are a-ok on it. So, what makes a bike cyclocross anyway? I'm pretty ignorant in that area.
    Geometry is different, cantilever brakes, gearing and tires usually, some have a second pair of brake levers so you can brake from the straight/flat section of the handlebar... What else? Oh yeah, they are dirtier and it's okay if your kit, socks, gloves and helmet doesn't color match the bike!

    I'm no cyclocross expert either though, I hate running and my knees hate running even more than I do...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 10-16-2007 at 01:17 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  14. #14
    Retro Cannondale Addict
    Reputation: Mogul218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Geometry is different, cantilever brakes, gearing and tires usually, some have a second pair of brake levers so you can brake from the straight/flat section of the handlebar... What else? Oh yeah, they are dirtier and it's okay if your kit, socks, gloves and helmet doesn't color match the bike!

    I'm no cyclocross expert either though, I hate running and my knees hate running even more than I do...

    Thanks for the info Dan. I'm not into running either. That's why I ride a bike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •