Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Are you talking to me?
    Reputation: damion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,884

    So Cannondale is making Carbon/Al frames now, huh?

    The 613 (new ) road bike. Pretty slick looking, all right. I was wondering when that was going to happen.
    gfy

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FuelFan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    234
    i was wondering what the deal was with that bike. i saw it on the website the other day for the first time. i know it's not a mtn bike but has anyone read the review in the magazine they quoted? seems like carbon seatstays are the big deal this year

  3. #3
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361

    Carbon Cannondale is no news

    Quote Originally Posted by FuelFan90
    i was wondering what the deal was with that bike. i saw it on the website the other day for the first time. i know it's not a mtn bike but has anyone read the review in the magazine they quoted? seems like carbon seatstays are the big deal this year
    The Cannondale has an Aluminium rear triangle, seat and chainstays. It's basically an Alu lugged front triangle (the way the carbon tubes are locked into the alu lugs is pretty cool tough) with their Optimo rear triangle. It's news that the bike is publicly marketed but the bike isn't new, Gilberto Simoni has been using it since last year's tour de France. It's been shown at bike shows too.

    First there was the Raven a few years ago, the Carbon Lefty, then the Scalpel, now the SIX13 then who knows!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  4. #4
    Are you talking to me?
    Reputation: damion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,884

    I knew about Simoni's Tour bike...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The Cannondale has an Aluminium rear triangle, seat and chainstays. It's basically an Alu lugged front triangle (the way the carbon tubes are locked into the alu lugs is pretty cool tough) with their Optimo rear triangle. It's news that the bike is publicly marketed but the bike isn't new, Gilberto Simoni has been using it since last year's tour de France. It's been shown at bike shows too.

    First there was the Raven a few years ago, the Carbon Lefty, then the Scalpel, now the SIX13 then who knows!
    but I did not now they were planning on selling the thing. Pretty cool.
    gfy

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: divve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    235
    It has some updates compare to the prototype. For instance flattened bladed seat stays, a different fork, and head tube. It's also less good looking in my opinion.

  6. #6
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by divve
    It has some updates compare to the prototype. For instance flattened bladed seat stays, a different fork, and head tube. It's also less good looking in my opinion.
    Yeah, I liked the unpainted version a lot more too!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  7. #7
    ceteris paribus
    Reputation: xctico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    593
    Excellent I wonder when they're gonna put this technology into an ultra light mountain frame.
    Hmmm....


    ...six13 mountain

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    45
    The bike will be available in April or May of this year. The reason why they painted it was due to the fact that it actualy cost more to leave it unpainted. I saw the paint samples about 2 months agow. I also said that it looked better unpainted so did most of the other shops in the us.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    42

    Trend and dream...

    Cannondale is smart (enough) to not produce everything with carbon fiber. That is also the reason why Dura ace is still featuring alloy crankset. I didn't try Caad 7 or any of its road racing stuff, but I buy their philosophy so so much. As a multi-dale owner and its follower, I would love to see some Six13 inspired offerings from Cannondale. Some of you might not notice that Cannondale is so serious on this project. Six13 will come in sizes. That's unususal to composite frames, though it is not "that" composite. I really think there will be a Scalpel made of non-metal. The top end Scalpels have fiber reinforced seatstays already. Can you imagine how cool an unpainted Six13 front-triangled Scalpel will be. I was so sad that Raven was dead years ago. It was because of the introduction of its arch rival... Jekyll and the ill-faded Raven 2. I dream of a SPV equipped Raven sometimes and I really hope that Cannondale can make something as cool in the nearest future.
    Keep on riding... hard!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eayste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    218

    ... and if we just ... cool

    Quote Originally Posted by damion
    The 613 (new ) road bike. Pretty slick looking, all right. I was wondering when that was going to happen.
    I had the pleasure of test riding a 613 last month.
    The LBS I work PT at had Demo days and the regional C-dale rep brought one with him .
    Retail for one is about $5400 .
    They weigh a heavy :P 16 pounds and ride like a bullet.
    The one I rode was 2 sizes to big for me but for the 5 minutes I was on it , it felt great.
    I own a Scalpel also , and I think it's a great bike .
    I need to ride the heck out of it for a few more year and then I can work on saving for a newer one.

  11. #11
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,623
    My LBS had about ten of them at the shop last Friday (courtesy of the C-Dale team truck) that they were checking out for a ride the following day. Very light and good looking IMHO. Only bad part for me if I ever decided to drop $5K+ on a road bike is that they don't make anything over a size 60cm.

    That's where I got the picture for my avatar taken

    I did take a short ride on an older CAAD5 R3000 that was very nice though.

  12. #12
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    There is a 63cm too.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  13. #13
    R.I.P. DogFriend
    Reputation: jeffj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    There is a 63cm too.
    A 63cm? *insert "Scooby Doo" or "Astro" "sound of surprise"*

    I must have been given some "mis-information"

  14. #14
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,361
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj
    A 63cm? *insert "Scooby Doo" or "Astro" "sound of surprise"*

    I must have been given some "mis-information"
    Well, that's according to Cannondale's web site.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    45

    Size run

    The size run from Cannondale runs from 48,50,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,63. Our rep just got his and It built up to 15.79 lbs in a 58 it was sweet.

Similar Threads

  1. Opinionaire: Do frames "Wear Out"?
    By Bikezilla in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •