mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Small Prophet MX1?

Hey all,

I'm considering picking up an 07 Prophet MX1 (fork upgraded to a Talas RC2) for a screaming deal from a buddy. Problem is, it's a small, and I'm 5'11". I know it would be a ripping 4X/DS bike, but I'm wondering, is there anyone around my height that rides a small? It would be my aggressive trail/light DH (smmooothh courses) bike.

I'm taking it for a good ride tomorrow, and I'll most likely end up buying it, and if the frame bugs me that much, maybe I'll get lucky and find someone who wants to trade frames, or I'll pick up a larger 5-6" frame.

Also, not sure if anyone knows, but what is the resell like on these frames, is there any market/demand for them out there?

Thanks
    Matt

Just wanted people's opinions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    As prophets are being phased out for the new platform,their resale value will diminish. We have seen that with the older models,like Super V and Jekill. expect it to sell for maybe half of the original price. If you don't mind my asking, how does a size small prophet feels like? I'm only 5'6" and I have a hard time finding bikes that fit me.How much is he selling it to you for?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    hi i'm 5.9 and my small prophet mx 1 2006 fit perfect. Take a look, Chase, Goss have all small mx!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedmetal
    How much is he selling it to you for?
    Brand new w/ a TALAS RC2 instead of the Float, LG1 guide, $1300. I can't pass it up

I took it out yesterday, stright ripping! It'll be a fun bike, I'll post pics in the next few days!