mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Slow spinning Crossmax SLR

2007 RUSH 1. I noticed when I spin my front wheel it seems to bind and slow down quickly. Figured the disc was rubbing the pads, but that's not the case. Off the bike, silky smooth, spins forever. It's the tightening on to the fork that does it, even at less than recomeneded spec.Is it normal for this setup? I've never owned a Lefty before. Thanks.

LA CHÈVRE
    It's an o-ring around the mounting bolt if I recall. It's supposed to break-in eventually and spin more freely but some people (A-Dog among others) have taken that o-ring off without any negative issues.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Ground Pounder
    I'm guessing Dan is right. This happened with my stock wheelset. You can take care of it by dropping some lube inside the hub, aiming it toward the end cap. Better yet, take off the end cap if you have a spanner and lube that o-ring with some grease. You should see an improvement in rotation.
    My bicycle gets more dirt than your 4x4.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

thanks

What is the tool I need and where can I get one?

LA CHÈVRE
    You need a pin spanner, Park Tool SPA-1. Most good bike shops will have some. You can probably do it with needle nose pliers. The cap has a reverse thread... Take a look at that.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :