mtbr member
    Oct 2008

slackest hardtail frame for lefty 140 max ?

Got a spare lefty 140 max and a hardtail itch (have a prophet)was looking to build light cheep hardtail for fun xc .Local terrain it steep so.... did cannondale make a lefty compatible hardtail frame with a head angle less than 70 degrees ?

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Not to my knowledge. Cannondale is loathe to create any "special interest" bikes such as an AM/FR hardtail, or a 29er FS.

Simply by plugging a Max 140 onto an existing HT though, you'll slack is a good degree or so....
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I do not have personal experience with these, but they look like what you want:

Santa Cruz Chameleon or Banshee Viento

If you want something different you could try Orange out of the UK. They make all mountain hardtails and frames.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes they did, sort of. The Furio-X. It has the geometry of the Furio, but with a 1" shorter seat tube and a slacker head angle. It is 70 degrees with a 110mm Lefty or a fatty. Put a 140mm fork on there, and it will be in the 69 degree range.

So, I don't know the maximum axle to crown length, but it might be shorter than what a 140mm Lefty will give you. That said, the down tube is so fat at the head tube junction that I can't see how it wouldn't be a lot stronger than the other Cannondale hardtails.

Last production was in 2007 on the F4/F5 models, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by butroid
    Got a spare lefty 140 max and a hardtail itch (have a prophet)was looking to build light cheep hardtail for fun xc .Local terrain it steep so.... did cannondale make a lefty compatible hardtail frame with a head angle less than 70 degrees ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    thats the sort of thing Almontebarnes,realise that the axle to crown would be longer and so stress thehead tube area not going to be doing massive drops I just live in an agressive area