Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sizing up the RIze

878 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SPRAG 
#1 ·
With those of you with some experience on the New Rize.. How do you think it
will compare with the yeti 575. i know the yeti has more travel, but, how much does that extra .5 or so inches matter.....anyone have some experience with both bikes. :confused:

#2 ·
I dont have experience with both bikes, but when I bougt Rize I was thinking of 575 and Rize. So I went for the Rize and it is a great bike. I think that extra travel isn't so important (unless You will have 575 vith Fox DHX and 36 up front- but I have seen Rize with this shock and fork also). None of the bikes is made for freeride..
I love my Rize, it can handle some jumps, that I never attepted with my rush. It is a great all do bike.

#3 ·
yeah,,im not a free rider....i seems looking at the both frames the yeti would have an
advantage with the rear suspension and the rize has an advantage in the lefty dept. imo

i know the best answer to these "vs" is to go out an ride one...but unfortunately i have not had that opportunity.

#5 ·
long rides with all types of terrain. i suppose you could call it all mountain, I'm not into free riding, jumps and what not..just pure trail..up and down,,,aggressive or tame.....i don't want this to be a which bike is better thread, i was just interested in the main differences with the riding characteristics. ill probably end up getting a rize because my local bike shop 2 block down the street bicycle centers sells them and they will warranty it if something happens...ill just wait till March or April when they get em. if i get a yeti...well it wont be as easy....that means a lot when something breaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.