mtbr member
    Oct 2005

SI Stem on Lefty DLR2

I have the ' old' black version of the Lefty DLR2 on my Prophet SL. The mounting clamps on this fork don't allow the use of the new Cannondale SI stem.

Is there someway I can swap the mounting clamps for a version that does allow the use of a SI Stem? Besides the reduced weight, I really like the sleek look of the SI stem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You should be able to use the si, or xc3 stem, whatever it's called. It works on any DLR2 as far as i know. But wait, a prophet with a DLR2? I think those have lefty max's correct? If thats the case then no you can't use the xc3 stem.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Prophet SL (Euro version) came with either a DLR2 or a Max with reduced travel (120mm). Mine has the DLR2.

The problem I foresee is that the lower clamp seems rivetted to the steerer tube (see picture), making it impossible to swap the steerer tube alone. So I think I would need new clamps, I just don't know if the newer clamps will fit my older DLR2 fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I think you can't do that!

Si stem is only for lefty with bonded clamps like newer versions!

LA CHÈVRE
    The weight saving isn't that much...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

LJJ
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

No

Definately not. Your Lefty Max 120 has the rivet. You drop the fork-tube through the steerer clamps to get it out, rather than take the entire fork off the steerer. Once you've cut that rivet out, you can remove the other bits, but it still won't help you, unless you get a Lefty Max Carbon 140, which would make your bike higher at the front, and make your bank balance much less.

Bad Luck..........