mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Si Crankset Swapping?

So here's the situation: I have an 07 Rush Carbon Team w/ a Hollowgram Si crankset (triple) and an 06 Six13 Team 2 w/ a Carbon Si crankset (compact). Both cranksets are 170's. I pamper the Six13 more than the Rush.

Now here are the questions: Can I have the Hollowgram on my Six13 just by swapping the crank arms on the bikes? Can I just take off the arms, change out the spiders, and put the carbon on the Rush like I'm thinking?

I do need to leave the BB's due to width difference, right? I'm guessing the BB on the Rush wider (wider Q-factor to accomodate the triple). Are the BB's of the same quality, or does the Carbon Si crankset have a lower quality unit?

I appreciate any/all help!

By the way, I do feel a bit bad about trying to downgrade the Rush. But hey, one bike sucks dirt and the other sleeps in my room, ya know? Regardless, they both kick ass.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The carbon SI cranks don't have a removable spider, do they? If they did, you could swap the rings and spider with the Cannondale SI spider lockring tool. You are right about the BB spindles, they cannot be exchanged because the Rush has a 73mm shell width (the 613 is 68mm). All SI BB's are created equal, except for the ceramic smoothies, of course!
    Last edited by trauma-md; 12-18-2007 at 10:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Dang it. Just downloaded the manual, and you're right on. I would've just looked at the cranksets, but I'm not in the same state as my rides at the moment. I doubt that my 140 lb. of weekend warrior weight could feel much (any) difference in the hollowgram's extra stiffness anyway. Thanks!