mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New question here. SI carbon crankset

Everything started when i i wanted to put a carbon SI crankset in my new taurine team frame so i purchased a used Si carbon which as i saw is made from FSA and all it came was a carbon crankarm and the drive side crankarm with intergrated BB and not in 2 pieces as i thought it would be like the Hollowgram SL?

Anyone know an exploded view pdf ,file photo how to install this crankset (to see what's missing and order it) in cann tech i found only installation for SI hollowgram and not for the Carbon one!

Also is there possible to run 2x9 chainrings?

Note:Cannondale dealer it's not an option here in GREECE so im doing all the jobs myself ie:servicing my lefty ![/B][/B]

Kanonkuglen.dk
    Hi...

Check this link out, that should do the trick:-)!

http://www.cannondale.com/asset/iu_f...plement_en.pdf
    Got the Cannondale fewer - my cycling blog: kanonkuglen.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

SI carbon crank exploded view

Thank you Lars but i already did that and in that tech pdf note says only for compact carbon crankset!

Mine is mtb crankset that means that the BB spindle is integrated with the carbon (drive side)
    right crank arm (right crank arm and BB spindle is one piece) and my problem is that i don;t know what's going on with the shims and the wave washer ( i think that they don't need or the go to the non drive side i don't know what to assume!

I searched and at the web site of FSA but nothing!

See attached photos may that helps to understand what i mean!

Thank you anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Looks like you have everything in order on the drive side. On the other side is an adjustable collar of sorts. I put the spindle through the BB and bearings, tighten the retaining bolt and then preload the bearings with the adjustable collar. Not sure if that makes sense? Post a picture of the rest of the parts you have and maybe I can help. I just had mine apart for maintainance.

Mike

Kanonkuglen.dk
    Shouldnt' there be a spacer in the drive side?
    Got the Cannondale fewer - my cycling blog: kanonkuglen.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

si carbon crankset

Yes it does make sense a little!

That means that i only need the bearing seals.
    shims??, wave washer??

Here are the rest of the photos!

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The spacer is already on the drive side, before the bearing.

I think you have everything you need, at least that is all I use.
    There is a very small set screw on the adjustable collar, loosen that and thread it on the crank arm, mount the arm with the reataining bolt, then hand tighten the collar to the bearing, tighten small set screw. If you over tighten the collar you will put pressure on the sides of the bearings and you will notice the cranks spin harder. My bike (new) did come with some extra spacers, but I haven't figured out what to do with them yet, lol. If when you adjust the collar and you run out of threads on the crank arm, then a spacer may be needed. But I have a 07 carbon Rush 2 and just use what you have pictured.

Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

SI carbon crankset exploded view

I think windwalker you are right and thank you for all the Help!

I will do that and will inform you!

But i am wondering Why Cannondale's Tech department doesn't have an exploded view for this particular crankset and how they put it in their bikes without a manual of the crankset??

Ok mine was used and i hadn't the luxury of that, don't forgett that i am in Greece and here cannondale's dealer it's a crap!
    (before a week returned from a service at the cannondale's official delaer here in GREECE my Dlr2 lefty which they changed the whole Cartridge and i paid 400 Euros, so when the fork returned to me the bearing migration was awful measured 650mm didn't hold air and they loosed also the teflon washer which goes up the two split rings below the big silver cap)That'swhy i decided from now to send it at the 88+!

Anyway dear windwalker your bike which was new came with a manual for the crankset??

I also send a post at ask Brad in the cannondale page to see what he has to say about this and if he come up with something i will put it here!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    No manual came with my bike and the extra crank parts had me wondering. I just put it back together the way it was. I've had it out a few times for maintainance and got almost 1000 miles on it and it's still going so I guess it's right, lol.

Members who have read this thread: 0