Spooooon!

Short Travel Lefty?

Is it possible to lower the height and reduce the travel of a lefty to use on an older frame that was designed for a short travel fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I think there is a way to reduce the travel to around 80, but I don't know about lowering the height.

mtbr member
    With the Project 321 Adapter you get clamps that do not have the tongue to slide in the groove/notch on the Lefty body. If you use a stock C-dale clamp then you would have to file off the tongue to allow it to slide lower than the bottom of the groove on the Lefty shaft.

Maybe, after you limit the travel of your Lefty, you can then slide the clamps down low enough to match your desired geo. If your clamps are bonded then all bets are off.

There are a bunch of models and some of them are butted on the upper Lefty shaft, between the points where the lower clamp and upper clamp sit. I think the older Lefty DLR's (with the Titanium axle assembly) are not butted and you would probably have the best luck with those.

Which Lefty do you have?

Marty

Spooooon!
    I don't have a Lefty, I've delayed purchase until I can determine if it will work or not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is it a Headshok frame? The axle to crown of a 100-110 MM Lefty is the same as a 70-80 MM Headshok frame.

mtbr member
    Sorry,
    I assumed the Lefty was to be placed on a non C-dale frame.

What frame are you putting it on?

Marty

Spooooon!
    It's going on a Cannondale Killer V, but it doesn't have the Headshok, just a standard 1 1/8 head tube.