MBAficionado
    May 2007

Shocks of a Rush..

hi,

Any1 knows the effect of mounting the rear shock upside down? Can it be done without harm to the Rush frame? Intention is to lube the staunchion tube.

Also, any1 with a 140mm travel front shock on the Rush? What's the effect of a longer travel fork on the Rush frame?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firetrail
    hi,

Also, any1 with a 140mm travel front shock on the Rush? What's the effect of a longer travel fork on the Rush frame?

Thanks!
    I currently run a Fox Talas X 130mm @4lbs (set around 120mm), however that shock has all those adjustable bells and whistles and can change its lengths with a knob turn. It makes the bikes wheel base a tad longer and feels really stable. However, now that I also have an "all mountain" bike, I think I will be looking at installing a SUB 4lb 110, 115 or 120mm fixed length fork. So IMHO 140mm is to long for that bike geometry, and I'm sure its a warrranty issue.
    Last edited by proxy; 06-10-2007 at 01:11 PM.
    PrOxY

MBAficionado
    May 2007
    Thanks for the advice. Think i'll stay with my 100mm Float R ;-) Btw, which is a lighter travel-adjustable fork like the Talas? RS Revelation?

As for the rear shock, any1 tried mounting it upside down?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Firetrail
    Thanks for the advice. Think i'll stay with my 100mm Float R ;-) Btw, which is a lighter travel-adjustable fork like the Talas? RS Revelation?

As for the rear shock, any1 tried mounting it upside down?
    You can mount it upside down if it fits with the spacers and bushings, and if it doesn't hit the frame or something...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :