Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shifter as Dyad remote

8K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  killerisation1 
#1 ·
I'm about to go 1x10 on my Jekyll and wanted to look into my options for a Dyad travel adjust remote given the newly available cockpit real-estate. Jerome Clementz controls his Dyad using a gripshift, and I'm wondering if I'd have similar success using the XT M780 2x10 trigger front shifter currently on my bike. This would be a pretty easy thing to test out but I wanted to see if anyone has done it.

#11 ·
Hi,

I'm planning on the grip shifter for the dyad remote conversion. May I know if you guys are using the 2x10 speed front? New cable is a must?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure I just used a cheap 3 speed grip shifter I found on eBay for five bucks. Doesn't really matter since you'll only be using two of the three positions of the shifter. Pretty sure I used a new shifter cable when I did the modification. It's been a while. Buy the upgrade is so worth the time. It works and looks way better than the stock Dyad lever. Let us know how it turns out. Oh, also I needed to buy new lock on grips designed for integration with a grip shifter (they're shorter than standard grips). You could probably just cut a regular one and only clamp it on one side, but I wanted it to look and feel perfect.

#18 ·
The spool on the DYAD that the cable goes up through. When you tighten the little 2mm set screw down on the cable, if it's in the fully extended/ no tension position, you won't get enough cable pull to switch it to the short travel mode. Therefor you have to push it down a few mm when you set the cable position so the spool starting spot isn't quite fully out.

#22 ·

I found after I removed my left shifter during a 1x conversion I had space to mount the dyad and reverb remotes. They are now both much easier to access and engage and are protected during whenst the bike is inverted. The dyad remote release-button thingy can also be pushed by either the forefinger or thumb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.