mtbr member
    Dec 2005

shed light on demo truck

Cannondale Demo truck is visiting my LBS. what to expect to see, will they hve items on hand to sell...headset multi-tool, chain stay protector, heavier/lighter springs?

just curious if its worth the drive?

LA CHÈVRE
    Mostly demo bikes, maybe goodies too. I'm not sure there will be stuff for sale but what do I know? They never come here in Montreal, Canada... except that time when a truck load of Cannondale was stolen here... No, I didn't do it!

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Well when the truck hit out here ,it seemed to me mostly demo bikes. In fact I do believe it will be here next Sunday but I may still be down in Peoria and the MTB Fest.....
    I like checking out the bikes n stuff and since I had my Prophet with me one day, the mech. checked it out and dropped a free RD hanger on me, sweet. One year I checked out a travel management fork, but it was on the fritz. No parts to repair it either....
    I might just come home early Sunday to see the truck, plus I would get a chance to BS with the Rep..
    CDT

mtbr member
    When I went to my local demo they just had the top of the line bikes, brochures etc. I didn't see anything for sale though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    "In fact I do believe it will be here next Sunday but I may still be down in Peoria and the MTB Fest....."

Mill Race, Geneva, IL 4- May
    Mikes Bikes; Palatine, IL 5- May
    Sugarbottoms, Iowa 6- May

Looks like they will be in Iowa on Sunday. I was in Peoria last week, but only did some road riding... how is the MTBing there?
    It's all ball bearings these days.

Jun 2005
    I understand its pretty darn good down in Peoria. It'll be my first time. I'll let ya know
    CDT

a.k.a.-Cranial Disharmony
    If the demo is at an LBS, wouldn't they sell what you seek? Truck usually doesn't do financial transactions. That new muti tool is the cats ass, isn't it? Anything to lighten my Camelpak.
    "Life sucks, get a fu*king helmet, okay?" - Dennis Leary

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    How was the MTB fest in Peoria?
    It's all ball bearings these days.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    My Buddie and I sponsored a 12 HR race here in NJ last year, and unfortunately it was during a very wet week in the month of June. 3" of rain in the days leading up to the race, and another 1" on the actual day of the event. The local shop that was sponsoring the event with us, arranged for the Cannondale Demo truck to show, and it did. The dude working it was the coolest and most helpful bike industry guy I've ever met. People would demo a bike for a lap and return it, he would set it up, intall their pedals and away they'd go for another lap, for 12 hrs. It was an awesome way to build customer and brand loyalty. To bad Cannondale couldn't supply us with the "bodies" we needed over the following week to repair the trails.
    P.S. the local shop was Cycle Craft in Parsippany NJ

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I wonder if it was the same guy who was at the Demo here in the Chicago area on Saturday. The guy was awesome. He really bent over backwards for me. And speaking of knowing his stuff - WOW! I was blown away. Building customer and brand loyalty is exactly what he was doing. This is exactly the way to do it.

Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglecat
    I wonder if it was the same guy who was at the Demo here in the Chicago area on Saturday. The guy was awesome. He really bent over backwards for me. And speaking of knowing his stuff - WOW! I was blown away. Building customer and brand loyalty is exactly what he was doing. This is exactly the way to do it.
    That was Sat?
    Good , I had half a thought of bee-lining it over to Harper Sunday when I got home. But I forgot!
    Ride anything good?
    CDT

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Lots of people there. Only areas streets to ride since it was at Mike's shop not at the college. I rode the team carbon Rush. Its a lot of money but I think its worth it. I was going to give you a call last night but I have been busy with our new family member (6 weeks old this week).