mtbr member

New question here. Setback seatpost....

So I've decided to add some space to my cockpit without swapping out stems.. Besides the rediculous setback of the Titec El Norte Prolite is there any other setback seatpost out there, besides the Thomson(I'm not a fan of limited selection)?? I've seen one from FSA, but I'm not into the carbon deal. Btw.. I have been fitted correctly for this Gemini and my seat is as far back on it's rails as possible. Thanks.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Sure, tons.

Raceface Diabolus, Easton EA series, and the Salsa Shaft all come to mind, and each of them gets you around 20mm +/- of setback. Truvativ Team gets you 10mm. Thomson is only good for about 16mm. The Titec El Norte is pretty extreme, probably more than you want.

Also look into swapping saddles. Not knowing what you use, just as an example I can tell you that two saddles I find very similar feeling -- the Terry Fly and the WTB Rocket V -- have distinctly different rail designs that allow the Terry to sit farther forward on any given post (or, oppositely, the WTB to sit farther back on any given post). Definitely worth you checking out some other saddles to see what might get your saddle where you want it.

BTW, does "correctly fitted" mean a pro fit from a bike shop? Just curious, because the first aspect of fit is your saddle relation to the cranks. Normally any cockpit adjustments follow behind saddle position. Not that there is anything wrong with experimenting with different positions, of course!
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member

If this was ebay.....

If this was ebay, you'd be getting a postive feedback score for great communication and prompt payment.. I appreciate the info.. Also, when I bought the bike, I was told that a freeride frame was going to be a little more "cramped" as opposed to say, a XC frame-due to geometry types. I'm 6'3" and ride a large frame(Gemini 900). If I was to go out today and buy lets say, a Cannondale Rize, I would need an XL(as per bike shop dude). It makes sense, but I'm at the point where instead of purchasing a new bike, I'd like to make adjustments before calling it quits..