mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Sending Lefty in For Service any suggestions-Thanks

Hi, I'm going to send my Carbon Lefty off of a 2002 Scalpel in to Cannondale to be serviced. I know it has to be done through a shop, but can I send it myself or does the shop have to send it. Also are there any specific upgrades I should look for-Thanks.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    Hi, I'm going to send my Carbon Lefty off of a 2002 Scalpel in to Cannondale to be serviced. I know it has to be done through a shop, but can I send it myself or does the shop have to send it. Also are there any specific upgrades I should look for-Thanks.
    You would need to send it through a shop. The alternative, if you are so inclined, is me. I do these routinely at my shop, and if you would like more info, contact me @ cats3elton@aol.com. There are no real upgrades available, they did precious little to them between then and now, that will fit into your chasis. Best of luck!

mtbr member

Mendon

Send it to Mendon to get the complete work-up. He's the man and will do you right. When i was looking to have my dlr done last summer i even called the cannondale home office and ended up talking to a tech that does the work ---- and he told me to send it to mendon!

Bottom line is you will get the best service at a great price and you will be able to talk to the guy doing the service directly and it will be done faster than if cannondale did it!

Good Luck
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Sorry to go so very OT
    I like Mtbyker's sig line. and can only say this (of this year) I would have much preferred going through the Yankees than the BRS.
    Tony

just ride

lefty rebuild

send it to the mendon cyclesmith, he has worked on many of my lefty's and they come back better than the factory....

Members who have read this thread: 0