mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Seeking thoughts from F600 owners

Hey, all: I'd be grateful for any comments from those who ride the F600. Been looking pretty seriously at (2006) them; I've only had a chance to short test ride an 05/same will apply to the 06 before deciding, hence the request. Basically, I like the (idea of) everything about this bike (06) and its handling, esp. the fork, SRAM (I use grip shift/easy change) overall weight, and (not least) aesthetics. This will be my main bike, and will be used about 60% w/fat slicks for commuting/around town/coffee runs etc., and about 40% for serious trail rides -- given the weight, lock-out, and all it seems, as I say, ideal. Now, I know already that the Furio frame gives a stiff ride (good); my question is, has anyone found over the long term that 'stiff' translates into 'harsh', especially through the rear triangle? I'll be using a crb. post, which will help take any sting out, but nevertheless -- just curious if anyone has thoughts on this. From my own brief test, and from reading extensive comments, my intuition is that for this bike stiff does not mean harsh, but I'd be interested what others have found. Sorry for the long post, and thanks much for any replies. Cheers.

Are you talking to me?

Get the bike, already.

Based on your needs, that bike is ideal. Go get the F600, and run a carbon post, just like you said.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have ridden my 2004 F600 Furio frameset around 10,000 miles and think it handles and rides just as nice as my 1999 F3000 CAAD4 or my 2001 CAAD 5.

I like Cannondales for their stiff ride and quick handling.

You should buy one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy giant
    Hey, all: I'd be grateful for any comments from those who ride the F600. Been looking pretty seriously at (2006) them; I've only had a chance to short test ride an 05/same will apply to the 06 before deciding, hence the request. Basically, I like the (idea of) everything about this bike (06) and its handling, esp. the fork, SRAM (I use grip shift/easy change) overall weight, and (not least) aesthetics. This will be my main bike, and will be used about 60% w/fat slicks for commuting/around town/coffee runs etc., and about 40% for serious trail rides -- given the weight, lock-out, and all it seems, as I say, ideal. Now, I know already that the Furio frame gives a stiff ride (good); my question is, has anyone found over the long term that 'stiff' translates into 'harsh', especially through the rear triangle? I'll be using a crb. post, which will help take any sting out, but nevertheless -- just curious if anyone has thoughts on this. From my own brief test, and from reading extensive comments, my intuition is that for this bike stiff does not mean harsh, but I'd be interested what others have found. Sorry for the long post, and thanks much for any replies. Cheers.
    Make sure you do get the 2006 model. It will come with the CCS headshock and it toatlly kicks the 05 headsock in the ace.
    one pedal stroke at a time

Are you talking to me?

Not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    Make sure you do get the 2006 model. It will come with the CCS headshock and it toatlly kicks the 05 headsock in the ace.

It is not the Magura CCS, but a copy by Cannondale that uses larger oil volume then the previous models.
    gfy

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

06 DLR headshock over the 05 headshock?

hmm, if you could be so kind, what is better about the 06 DLR headshock over the 05 headshock?

I am interested in picking up an 06 and in a similar circumstance for usage as the original poster, but am wondering if you could explain to me what is better about this fork. Also, I have heard that the Cannondale Headshock can be a bit tedious to maintain. Any tips/advice/peer pressure would be great, thanks!

mtbr member
    My GF has '06 F600 and she loves it. But right now we have changed everything except the shifters (soon to be X.0) and brakes. The bike is so nice that I started to think about riding a HT again, that's not to say I want to drop my Prophet.

Members who have read this thread: 0