Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Searching for a Scalpel Team Carbon in XL...Any Ideas or Anyone looking to sell?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Velosprocket 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently on a Scalpel 3 Alum and love it. I'm searching for a XL in the Team Carbon (Black/Lime/White colors) and open to new old stock (2012-2013),or a used but in clean condition bike, or even a frameset. Has to be XL Size.

Any suggestions or LBS's that you know have this bike would be helpful.

I love my Alum version but jumped on it as it was the only XL I could find locally (El Paso). I've upgraded it with I-9 Wheels, Carbon Bars, Full X9 2 x 10 kit and a few other tweaks. It's pristine. I'm open to trades or buy outright on the Carbon. Thanks for the help. Here's a few pics.

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Mode of transport

Tire Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hard to find...

I had to call a bike shop in Colorado ( I'm in California ) to get my hands on a 2013 Scalpel Carbon 2. I got a great price on it, but it was pretty hard to find. These Scalpel's seem to either be rare or just sell quick and no one really re-sells them. I know that it shouldn't be too hard to find a 2014 model. The guys at Don's Bike Shop in Rialto, Ca; ( donsbikeshop.com ) were trying to sell me the Team Carbon 2014 Scalpel for like $6,800 last week. The salesman said I had to do it that day to get that price but, who knows?I tried every LBS in my area before I started calling any place that once had it listed online. Finally got my luck with this bike shop in Colorado, they're going to ship it as soon as they get my cashier's check in the mail.Not sure why they're so hard to find. Try pinkbike, ebay or just try calling around every LBS, then just look online and even if they are out of state or in Canada, try to arrange shipping for it.Good luck and happy trails!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.