mtbr member

Scratch on Fox Float body. Does is need repair?

I just noticed this scratch on my rear shock body. Is it still usable or should I replace or fix it before it causes damage? I can feel it with my fingernail. I'm trying to think of a way I can smooth it out a bit, to take the sharp edge off. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scratch on Fox Float body.  Does is need repair?-img_1725.jpg  

12 Scalpel 2
    10 Super Six
    09 Rize 3 - Retired
    11 EMD 9 - Retired

Ridin' dirty!
    Use some 1200 grit sandpaper to smooth the sharp edges a bit and fill in the scratch with some clear nail polish. The seal that touches is only a wiper seal, designed to keep dirt from entering the airchamber so if you fix the scratch as mentioned above you be alrigh,it's not an air seal!
    Besides is pretty far toward the end of the stroke so it won't be rubbing against the wiper seal all the time only if you hit larger bumps.
    "Common sense isn't always that common!"
    Custom Prophet and Custom "Leftified" Delta V

mtbr member
    I may give that a try. I run it with 200 psi, but anything over a foot drop or so will hit that spot. I just figure over time dirt will travel into the air chamber, if that is even a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cdalemaniac
    Use some 1200 grit sandpaper to smooth the sharp edges a bit and fill in the scratch with some clear nail polish. The seal that touches is only a wiper seal, designed to keep dirt from entering the airchamber so if you fix the scratch as mentioned above you be alrigh,it's not an air seal!
    Besides is pretty far toward the end of the stroke so it won't be rubbing against the wiper seal all the time only if you hit larger bumps.
    12 Scalpel 2
    10 Super Six
    09 Rize 3 - Retired
    11 EMD 9 - Retired