mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Scalpel Ultimate - Wow

I am not a Cannondale owner - yet. But I was in my LBS and they had just put together a 2011 Scalpel Ultimate for a customer. Full suspension bike that weighs 18lbs stock - without pedals Wow! It was so nice I would be nervous riding it. When they told me it was $9600 the thought of being overpriced never entered my mind - it looked and felt worth it. Awesome.

mtbr member
    i pick mine up today!!!

mnt bike laws of physics

Ultimate racing machine!

The Scalpel is the Ultimate racing machine.
    If I were a half a foot shorter, I would be eyeing that machine. As it is, XXL 29ers are the way to go for me....still it would be sweet to see one in person....and to pick it up with one finger

Enjoy your new ride nathanbal.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I pick up my Ultimate tomorrow Replacing my 2007 Rush. 8 lb weight reduction! Can I get a five point harness system for it? LOL

FIRENZE rulez !!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbal
    i pick mine up today!!!

great !!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    i pick mine up today!!!

I have to ask, cause I've never seen a scalpel in person, are they as fragile as they look? I tend to lean towards beefy bikes, so it's not my thing anyway. Its looks really nice. And I've always loved the lefties, they just don't have enough travel for my style of riding. But I was just curios cause that triangle looks so fragile.
    Last edited by hanklr; 03-15-2011 at 04:58 PM.

FIRENZE rulez !!

Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by hanklr
    I have to ask, cause I've never seen a scalpel in person, are they as fragile as they look? I tend to lean towards beefy bikes, so it's not my think anyway. Its looks really nice. And I've always loved the lefties, they just don't have enough travel for my style of riding. But I was just curios cause that triangle looks so fragile.

normally after every ride , every Scalpel owner replaces the chainstays and triangle

mtbr member
    i pick mine up today!!!
    Congrats! I've had mine for 3 months now and it is a beatiful bike. Even if I am not that fast this year, I will look like it when I toe the line!

A guy on a bike Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hanklr
    I have to ask, cause I've never seen a scalpel in person, are they as fragile as they look? I tend to lean towards beefy bikes, so it's not my think anyway. Its looks really nice. And I've always loved the lefties, they just don't have enough travel for my style of riding. But I was just curios cause that triangle looks so fragile.
    The Scalpel is incredibly lightweight and designed for XC racing, and therefore it's not going to take abuse like an all-mountain or trail bike. Use the right tool for the job, and all will be good.

mtbr member
    I love my scalpel ultimate!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I ve got mine this monday, Its fantastic. I changed the tires to Contis X-king 2.2, did put on my 4ti pedals and a bottleholder. so raceready with "real" tires it weights 8,78kg in size large.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rekrej
    I ve got mine this monday, Its fantastic. I changed the tires to Contis X-king 2.2, did put on my 4ti pedals and a bottleholder. so raceready with "real" tires it weights 8,78kg in size large.
    have you got those tires set up tubeless? great bike!

FIRENZE rulez !!
    A friend from Germany is selling his project at 8,1 kg
    on my blog some pics

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    rekrej, Did you replace the grips? Man, mine have to go. Awesome bike though. Really happy with what I've seen so far. Unfortunately, haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

mtbr member
    took mine for its first ride today. just awesome! very different to the previous gen scalpels. feels very similar to the flash in feel and handling but with a softer rear end. very happy here!