"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"

Scalpel Ultimate, 1 & 2 Riders

What pressures are you riding on you front and rear shocks?

How much do you weigh?

Describe your riding style?
    ENJOY THE RIDE!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    What pressures are you riding on you front and rear shocks?

How much do you weigh?

Describe your riding style?
    Ive posted this a few times actually. I have 2500 miles on my scalpel since end of December, Every kind of riding from gravel roads to very technical rocky trails.

Ive found that 70% of weight in front shock works great for me, ie 165 and I run 115. Ive tried more and ive tried less, but I like it at 115 best so far. Thats right at 20% sag for me.

On the rear ive played with in a ton. Anywhere from 10psi less to 15 more. Ive come to the conclusion on this bike that I like it stiffer. The bike just handles better all round. Yes it can be a bit rougher on really rooty that way but it makes up for it in anything uphill even very short step inclines. So on the back I am now running right at 12psi more than my weight. So im 165 and running really close to 177, hard to tell with pump

That puts me at a little under 20% sag in the rear. Not sure exactly as ive not measured since I bumped up from 10psi over.

I run either full on platform or middle setting if its really rough.

What I have found is that I really love the Monarch RT3 but... it does leak air and you will need to keep an eye on it.

My two cents anyway. And on my flash...Same 70% weight in fork.