mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Scalpel to RZ 120 switch.

I'm considering switching from my carbon Scalpel to an RZ120, i don't race off road anymore and could do with a bit more comfort for longer MTB rides. Now the question is do we think the 110mm carbon Lefty i have on the Scalpel will suit the RZ120 frame? It's been thumbprint tuned and i really don't want to part with it. I think it will as it came off my older Rush which was 110mm f 120mm r travel anyway.
    What are your views? And what do RZ120 owners think of their bikes?
    Cheers .

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My son and I purchased 2 RZ120's (a 2 and a 3) late last year and love them both.
    The 2 is a little bit better equipped but both are great all around bikes and only weigh around 27lbs or so.
    I like the Monarch 3.3 rear shock on the 3 much better than the Fox RP2 that is one the 2, and honestly cannot tell a difference on the front forks at all (DLR on the 3, PBR on the 2)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    sorry to hijack...

if you do decide on parting with the lefty PM me, i'm having terrible trouble finding one.

mtbr member
    Possible hijack again.. if you part with your scalpel do let us know

As for the 110mm lefty on the RZ 120, I'd think it suit you just fine. It'll give you that slightly steeper HT angle to make you a little bit more at home.