Patagonia survivor
    Aug 2005

Scalpel with RP3

About 10 days ago I noticed my RP3 shock in my 3 months old scalpel wasn´t locking out (lost propedal capability but still worked fine in "open" mode). I sent it to my LBS for warranty. In the meanwhile they instaled an old Fox Float L.
    has anybody experienced any similar problem with their RP3? I don´t know for how long I´ll be riding this piece of c.. till I get an answer from my LBS or Fox...

PD. Thanks to this unfortunate event I had the chance of comparing two shocks in the same bike and I'm convinced the RP3 is an awesome shock (when it works) compared to the pogo-stick feel of the L. I can really assure that the scalpel is a completely diferent bike (infinitely better) with the RP3.

N.T
    mtbr member
    For the begining rp3 doesn´t have a lock out feature! It only has 3 different pro pedal settings; full open, regular pro pedal and stiff pro pedal. So make sure that your air preasure isn´t dropped (this sometimes happend because of temperature changes).

Patagonia survivor
    Aug 2005
    Hi N.T,
    Using your words, I lost regular and stiff propedal capability in my RP3.
    At first i thought it was low air pressure, I tried 140 lbs and the problem continued (I weight 170lbs). A mechanic at a LBS told me sometimes air gets trapped inside the propedal dial and this cause the sistem to fail, but I prefer going for Fox warranty before dissasembly...

Members who have read this thread: 0