mtbr member

Scalpel/rock shox full sprint lock-out failure

Has anybody else experienced their full sprint lockout failing? I have a 2014 Scalpel team. The lockout stopped working back in May. After bleeding the system with unsuccessful results, it had to be warrantied. It just stopped working again. I'm wondering if my thumb is somehow super strong or this is a normal thing.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I have 3 Scalpels. All 3 failed twice.... I have more XLoc spares than brake pads.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Have a 2014 Superfly and mine just stopped working.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    My 2015 Scalpel team was shipped with a non-working lockout, and the replacement stopped working after about 50 hours of ride time.
    Last edited by johnlh; 12-07-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Happy Trails

Scalpel/rock shox full sprint lock-out failure

Yes. On my F-29. After a year and about 750 miles. I sent it to Mendon Cycle Smith for an annual service and all good now. My two year old fork on my Scalpel (1500 miles) is still going strong.

mtbr member
    My 2015 Scalpel Team came with the lock-out stuck in the locked position-or half locked. I had to have it bled, but after that it was silky smooth!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    So i just purchased a 2015 team model and the lockout works but its hard as hell to push? would you suggest bleeding it to make it a bit smoother? Sounds like these things are quirky

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    How would bleeding make it less hard? If there is air in the system then bleeding would actually make it even harder to push so not sure how you get this idea.

But yeah, it is hard to push. I cant do it during a race with my thumb alone. I have to push it with my hand heel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    If it's brand new, then Cannondale/ RS should hear from you. Yes, bleeding is advisable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by larsd View Post
    How would bleeding make it less hard? If there is air in the system then bleeding would actually make it even harder to push so not sure how you get this idea.

But yeah, it is hard to push. I cant do it during a race with my thumb alone. I have to push it with my hand heel.
    I was only asking. Seems a little to hard to push for a new system and if its been sitting for a while on a shop floor then I was wondering if bleeding will help.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_B View Post
    My 2015 Scalpel Team came with the lock-out stuck in the locked position-or half locked. I had to have it bled, but after that it was silky smooth!
    The two 2015 team Scalpels I have worked on had lockout issues out of the box. A bleed took care of it. If bleed doesn't work C-Dale will send a new assembly, just have the shop you got the bike from do the bleed. On one the rear would lock fully but not the front. The bleed took care of it.