mtbr member
    Aug 2004

scalpel owners. help and impressions.

hello again, i've bought a scalpel 2000 05. i would like to know what is your set up preasures in both shoxs; i'm the happy owner of a hardtail (f2000) and is the moment to convert me in FS. i'm afraid with rear bob. bobs a lot?, do you use the lock out lever a lot?, is the new rp3 a good help?.
    thanks.

SOB
    mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterrier
    hello again, i've bought a scalpel 2000 05. i would like to know what is your set up preasures in both shoxs; i'm the happy owner of a hardtail (f2000) and is the moment to convert me in FS. i'm afraid with rear bob. bobs a lot?, do you use the lock out lever a lot?, is the new rp3 a good help?.
    thanks.
    I have a scalpel 900 04 and i dont think you have anything to be afraid of... I never lock out the rear because I really cant tell the difference if its locked out or not unless I hit something hard... as for the preasure in both the shocks, I think you just adjust it according to your weight, anyway thats what they did at my lbs. And is the new rp3 a good help, huh? what do you mean by that?... well im sure its better then the rear shock thats on my scalpel but i don't really think it will make a big difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SOB
    I have a scalpel 900 04 and i dont think you have anything to be afraid of... I never lock out the rear because I really cant tell the difference if its locked out or not unless I hit something hard... as for the preasure in both the shocks, I think you just adjust it according to your weight, anyway thats what they did at my lbs. And is the new rp3 a good help, huh? what do you mean by that?... well im sure its better then the rear shock thats on my scalpel but i don't really think it will make a big difference.
    thanks SOB.

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterrier
    thanks.
    Hi Max, I've had a Scalpel for 2 years. Great bike! As for shock set-up, C-dale has recommended 70% of rider weight for front and rear on Scalpels equipped with Lefty fork and Fox rear shocks. I have not heard if the rp3 is any different. Your friendly LBS should be able to provide you with all the information you need.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Try to set it so it nearly bottoms out once in a while, not too hard though, just nearly. That´s how I like it, but the riding style is different.

m.

mtbr member
    I've got an '04 3000 and have my pressure set at 120 PSI front and rear, I weigh 170 with gear. That works out to about 70% of bodyweight. I had the pressures set a little lighter initially until the shocks broke in. BTW, I never use the rear lockout and put a manual lever in the rear instead of the remote.