mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Scalpel lefty fork loosing air !!

i did the bearing reset as oer the manual , ( release all the air then slam fork and measure clearance ) all was well before and after doing that the fork looses all the air within a day or so! anyone has had this issue ? 2014 scalpel alloy !!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Check for a leaky schrader valve.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Yup, prolly a loose valve core.

Valve core wrench with replacement cores can be had at any HW store.

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Ditto.

I'd add though, unless you are a 100%, by the book, worried about safety even when getting out of bed in the AM, never removes the "do not remove" labels from pillow or mattresses sorta person?

Skip letting the air out, it's an extra step that unless your fork already is a ticking time bomb that will shortly be blowing the damper out of the fork while you're on a ride, you have nothing to be concerned about.

Frankly, better to soil yourself when you take the top collar off, and the damper hits the ceiling, than discover it when it blows past your shoulder on the trail and makes you eat dirt with your eyeballs.....

This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I checked the valve for leaks with sopay water and there was no bubbles coming out of it , took to LBS for a better diagnose, thys say it might be the seals !!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    still trying to sort this out . LBS is no help so far. Cannondale seesm to be out of rebuild kits since this post intially started WTH !!!

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Sounds like a bad seal then, or if new enough, and a seal replacement doesn't fix it, a bad lower leg. Which, would be covered under warranty.

Who told you they were out of parts? Calling BS on that, as I ordered some of said kits, this week, and just got them.

Beyond that, all the seals are commonly made O rings which can be purchased through someone like McMaster Carr, so you're getting sold a bill of goods by someone who's sounding frightfully lazy right now, based on what you wrote......
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Thats exactly what i suspected, im gonna pick it up and have someone lese deal w it. what did the seal kit ran you ?

Quote Originally Posted by MendonCycleSmith View Post
    Sounds like a bad seal then, or if new enough, and a seal replacement doesn't fix it, a bad lower leg. Which, would be covered under warranty.

Who told you they were out of parts? Calling BS on that, as I ordered some of said kits, this week, and just got them.

Beyond that, all the seals are commonly made O rings which can be purchased through someone like McMaster Carr, so you're getting sold a bill of goods by someone who's sounding frightfully lazy right now, based on what you wrote......