my church is the woods

Scalpel carbon downtube protection?

Does anyone know of a down tube protective cover, a molded piece of sorts, that is designed to fit the Scalpel carbon 29er? I looked at cannondaleexperts.com, they have them for the Jekyll carbon and other models, but nothing for the Scalpel.

Several friends have damaged their down tubes, smacking log-overs and other obstacles on trail, just in front of the chainrings. Here's pics of one:

Scalpel carbon downtube protection?-imag0247-medium-.jpgScalpel carbon downtube protection?-imag0248-medium-.jpg

Unstable Corruption

you may try Skean Morpho, a great universal rubber thingy, it does protect the frame and available in different colors.
    it can be fitted to almost any frame, just need some time and a sharp knife to cut it for a perfect fit.

Scalpel Fan
    Mar 2008

My LBS put this on my Carbon 1 before I took delivery. Been happy with it so far. It is just a generic shield.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Think you need a KP054, would this do the job?

https://qwerty-cycles.myshopify.com/...uffguard-kp054

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I use this on my scalpel, only had the bike a couple months in winter, but it seems to do the job so far:
    Shelter Bike Frame Protection

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Well guys, these kind of carbon protection for any model is what a local store is doing www.pulse100.gr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scalpel carbon downtube protection?-20130221_174652.jpg