Thread: scalpel 2008

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

scalpel 2008

I am right on the edge of picking up a new scalpel team what is; the real world weight.And what about the DT rear shock? One of the reasons I am looking at the team is for the lockout, I am looking for a smoking light weight XC rocket. I thought about doing the frame but to my knowledge cannondale will not sell a frame with the DT shock,

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The 08 Team Scalpels no longer come with a DT rear shock. They are all equipped with a Fox RP23.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin153
    The 08 Team Scalpels no longer come with a DT rear shock. They are all equipped with a Fox RP23.

sure? here in europe it comes with DT shock, atleast in sweden.

bike weight in large 9680 gram for europe version.
    US version i think i have sean weights around 10200 gram with pedals

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I spoke with a Cannondale sales rep here in Virginia on the 12th, and he said the Scalpels will no longer be shipped with the DT rear shock. The levers kept breaking off and they didn't think it was as durable or adjustable. The Fox adds weight, but it's probably the best XC rear shock available. Fox makes awesome shocks! I certainly won't be worried about the extra weight.

In addition to the Scalpel already being an awesome climbing machine, the Fox RP23 adds an additional pedal platform.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yea, but sure that cannondale US also including cannondale europe in that?, considering that the euro bike have some other parts than the US version from the begning.

we also have like 7 diffrent models of bad boy here, on the US site, i can only find like 3-4 diffrent models.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Nope, not sure. The European models might very well have the DT shock on it. But I would imagine that if they made the switch primarily because the lever on the shock was breaking off, then they would probably do it all the way around. But I don't know...