mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SAVE actually walks the walk

Almost in shock. For once in a long time, a company's marketing is actually backed up by on-trail performance. I'm talking about the SAVE sections on the Flash carbon I tested. Rode 3 high-end carbon 29er HT today, and the Flash's SAVE was the big difference. I'm not a Cdale fan by any stretch of the imagination, but everything about the Flash 2 was so nice. I even liked the handlebar which seems to be a negative comment voiced repeatedly in the reviews. The weight may be big but the bend and width fit me.

Too bad the shop only had a medium 2. I want the medium 3 with upgraded Crest wheels. And maybe a new bar or post.

My other finalist (Scott Scale Pro 29er) is just as difficult to find so I may be waiting a while no matter what.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I expect it also had a Lefty!

Caution!!!!! once you drink the Cannondale Cool aid you will never go back to the ordinary bicycle.

Sounds like you have a real problem in choosing a new high quality machine, you will not go wrong whatever your final choice is.
    Forks are for eating, Lefty's are for racing,

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Yes, I doff my cap to the guys that designed this stuff. It's quite amazing that a bike can be so solid and stiff feeling yet very light and comfortable at the same time!

First ride on the Flash yesterday, first ride on a lefty too. Quite hard to describe the lefty - I thought it didn't feel like a fork at all. I never realised how bendy and flimsy forks feel until now!