Thread: Sag on a Lefty

Good For You

Sag on a Lefty

Anyone have a clever way to measure sag on a Lefty?

LA CHÈVRE
    Nothing extra clever but... next to a wall, mark the wall with a pencil at the handlebar height without you on the bike, then with.... You can put a piece of masking tape so you don't leave marks on the wall.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Good For You
    My garage is full of marks on the wall. All my bike part weights are written on the wall. That is a good idea, I will give it a shot. I am also looking for a way to measure the amount of travel used. All of this if for the purpose of accurately setting up the fork.

mad aussie
    I use a metal measuring tape, with the end zip tied to the bottom of the fork and the other loosely zip tied on the top, works well.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    I use a metal measuring tape, with the end zip tied to the bottom of the fork and the other loosely zip tied on the top, works well.

Kevin
    That works very well, actually. Did that for a couple years, till I put graduated marks on a dowell ( just to make it quicker, and slightly easier). Then the principle is the same: Strap it tight at the bottom, loose at the top, take the measurement of the dowell above the cap.

Billy

mtbr member
    I use a fabric tape and tape it to the bottom of the fork with duct tape.

On a side note, I never could get the lefty max to sag enough. I'm 180 pounds and I use a red spring with the preload as little as possible. I think it sags just over an inch (about 18%) but the shock feels great. Any more sag and I would worry about bottoming out.

mtbr member
    you want a tool : try this.... http://sagshok.free.fr/