edj
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Saddle Recommendations for Flash 29er 2

I have been riding a 2010 Flash 29er 2 with the stock Cannondale saddle for about three months and I frequently think there must be a more comfortable saddle I could get, but I know almost nothing about the alternatives. Many people seem to like Brooks B-17 so I'd be interested in views on that saddle and any others. I'd like to stay under $150.
    I want comfort but I'm not willing to give up much in the way of performance.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    i have a Saevid from Spain

very confortable . doing a 24h solo race with it

...and saving lot of gramssssssssssss

mtbr member
    specialized toupe or romin

edj
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Ronin

I will try it out. Specialized has a trial program. Is the saddle durable? The split design looks like it could be fragile.
    Last edited by edj; 07-29-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: duplicate

edj
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Saevid

Quote Originally Posted by eliflap
    i have a Saevid from Spain

very confortable . doing a 24h solo race with it

...and saving lot of gramssssssssssss
    That's a cool looking saddle. How is the durability? I am a bit crash prone. Did you need to order it direct from them? Thanks.

mtbr member
    I have a Brooks B17 on a 29er rigid... both commuter duty and light trail depending on tires and its the most comfortable seat I have used but its hard to slide back to get behind it on the trail days... I now use a Fizik Nisene, padded where it counts, easy to slide behind the seat when it get steep and cheap to replace.
    http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/tech....izik_nisene_hp

Quote Originally Posted by edj
    I have been riding a 2010 Flash 29er 2 with the stock Cannondale saddle for about three months and I frequently think there must be a more comfortable saddle I could get, but I know almost nothing about the alternatives. Many people seem to like Brooks B-17 so I'd be interested in views on that saddle and any others. I'd like to stay under $150.
    I want comfort but I'm not willing to give up much in the way of performance.