mtbr member
    Nov 2013

RZ 120 fork upgrade

Hi, im waiting on my replacement frame for my cracked prophet, and got the information from cannondale that they will replace it with RZ 120, but 120mm of travel is really to little for my riding style, is there any significant difference between RZ 120 and 140? Im planing on putting 140mm fork on my RZ 120 as soon as it comes, or maybe even Fox talas 120-150 (150 would be used only for descending)...

What do you think can the frame handle it? Would it be any good for "all mountain" ?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    i would sell the rz and buy a jekyll. i had a rz140 and it's just an xc bike with longer legs.

Sweater
    I don't think the frame is great for All Mountain. Performance wise is does fine but I've broken two RZ frames. I don't do anything huge but ride fairly aggressive and do a few small drops here and there. If the budget allows, I would sell your new frame and get something beefier.
    The last RZ I broke, I had just asked for a replacement frame. Cannondale had offered a Jekyll frame for $650 or the replacement RZ. The budget was tight and I didn't have the funds for all the parts that wouldn't transfer over. So after making my choice, Cdale got back to me and said there weren't any RZ frames left and gave me a complete Jekyll 4 as a replacement. I've been riding that bike for half a season now and love it. I'm every bit as fast on XC stuff and the descending is more fun.
    That's been my experience with it, so let us know what you do.
    What size frame anyhow? I'm surprised they have them available for you, it was over 6 months ago for me. Have they offered a Jekyll?
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***