mtbr member
    Apr 2006

RUSH suspension adjustment

2007 RUSH Carbon 1. I've been riding this bike for about a month. Still not sure of best rebound setting for fork or shock. I know it's subjective, but for general trail riding, anybody around 160 pounds find settings they like? Recomended air pressure settings seem too high to me also. I guess they're just guidelines, do you think it's best to just set the sag properly? lastly, carbon SL seems to have more clicks of rebound adjustment than 10, which manual states. Thanks for any help.

mad aussie
    I would go off sag measurements primarily, use reccomended shock pressures as a starting point. Usually you run about 20-25% of the total travel in sag, although I have found with the Rush a little more can help in rocky terrain due to the low bottom bracket and linear travel. As far as rebound goes I tend to start out with perhaps one click in and then adjust from there. If the bike feels like its bouncing around then increase the rebound, if its packing down then lower the rebound.
    Just experiment, because the optimal setup is dependent on your riding style and terrain rather than just your weight.

Kevin