mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Rush Rock Shox Recon 327 upgrade with Poploc?

Anyone know if the Poploc system can be put into the Recon 327 on my 2008 Rush?

sweet!
    The short answer is yes.

Just remove the right top cap, verify fork oil level (I think the correct level is 5" from the top of the tube), and then screw in either the turn key lock out from a Recon 335, or a motion control damper from a Recon 351, both can be had with the poploc option.

Good luck & Cheers
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thank you and i did some searching and yes...the 327 Recon comes stock with no lockout..

I ordered from Rock Shox:
    Reba/Pike/Rev Comp Dmpr Int Gate NonRem
    part # 11.4012.989.000
    ~$90

also order the control knob...

pop the cap off...insert lockout, tighten down, put on the knob and whamo....

you have lockout... I am very glad cause its a nice fork and now with l/o it is great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Holy crap...I wonder if this is still an option? I have the same bike, and have been wanting compression damping since I got it. Just haven't had the funds to go buy a brand new fork when the one I have isn't broken. But if I could get this, then it wouldn't be an issue.

I searched for the part you listed and couldn't find any sellers of it.

I found a lot of these. Will these work to convert a non mo-co fork (like the 327)? Or does this just upgrade a fork that already has it to a poploc?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The description kind of confused me.

sweet!
    Hello rweakley. I checked out your posted link, and the product description has left me both confused, and frightend.

Might I recomend installing a M/C unit from a Reba, Pike, Revel. It's basically the same as the Recon M/C unit with the bonus of having an adjustable Floodgate control, in other words it allows you to set the "blow off" point should you hit a large bump with the compression dampening in lock-out mode.

Here's a link: Amazon.com: RockShox MotionControl (RC) damper, 05+ Pike,Reba*Revel*: Sports & Outdoors

Either way you go, I think it would be best to contact the seller to find out what is included in the kit, and if the Poploc remote is included, make sure it's the adjustable style Poploc.

BTW. the M/C damper pictured in the link that you've posted looks to be the "Black Box" titanium damper, adding further to the confusion.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers
    "It's a Sledgehamer" "Dang! You got shocks, pegs...lucky! " Napoleon Dynamite & Pedro Sanchez

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That looks fantastic. I'll have to see about contacting SRAM to verify the fit...unless someone can tell me with certainty that it is compatible.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Also do you happen to know if that is an externally or internally adjustable floodgate

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    From the folks at SRAM regarding the first one:

"Hi Randy,
    Thanks for your email. That one on Universal [SRAM part #11.4015.442.020] should work in your fork perfectly, you just need to adjust your upper right leg oil height to 130ml of 5wt oil. The one on amazon is a photo for a SID/Reba damper. It would potentially work, but I don't know how much oil it would require in a Recon. Both would use a standard crown mounted knob.
    Thanks,

Nate Newton
    SRAM USA Dealer Service"

And the one recommended by diamondhead:

"Hi Randy,
    That damper should work as well. It will probably take about 118ml of oil.
    Thanks,

Nate Newton
    SRAM USA Dealer Service"