mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Rush ride reports and weights? Lefty DLR a good fork?

Hi there,

I am still mulling over a Rush, and wanted to hear some more firsthand experience! I am looking for a longer-travel XC/trail bike (110mm seems to be perfect) that can go under 26lbs (I don't do big drops or freeride). I had a Scalpel 2 seasons ago and loved it, but just not enough travel in the rear on rougher rides. Currently on a Ventana El Salt, and while it is a great bike, it is overbuilt for my slight 150lb weight for a 4" bike (27lbs with a pretty light build-it is made to handle some abuse, which I won't be dishing out anytime soon). I figure if I am going to stay at 4-inches on a trailbike, why not go lighter?

How much does a Rush 1000/2000 weigh? How does it handle aggressive XC riding (rocks up to 1 foot, technical climbing and descending?) Also, how is the new Lefty Speed DLR 110? I notice that the compression damping is gone on the newer DLR. The fork on my Scalpel was a Lefty 100 DLR: is the 110 DLR a better fork, or is it a stiff race fork? How plush is the action (the older 100 DLR was quite plush).

Are you talking to me?

well,

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcatching
    Hi there,

I am still mulling over a Rush, and wanted to hear some more firsthand experience! I am looking for a longer-travel XC/trail bike (110mm seems to be perfect) that can go under 26lbs (I don't do big drops or freeride). I had a Scalpel 2 seasons ago and loved it, but just not enough travel in the rear on rougher rides. Currently on a Ventana El Salt, and while it is a great bike, it is overbuilt for my slight 150lb weight for a 4" bike (27lbs with a pretty light build-it is made to handle some abuse, which I won't be dishing out anytime soon). I figure if I am going to stay at 4-inches on a trailbike, why not go lighter?

How much does a Rush 1000/2000 weigh? How does it handle aggressive XC riding (rocks up to 1 foot, technical climbing and descending?) Also, how is the new Lefty Speed DLR 110? I notice that the compression damping is gone on the newer DLR. The fork on my Scalpel was a Lefty 100 DLR: is the 110 DLR a better fork, or is it a stiff race fork? How plush is the action (the older 100 DLR was quite plush).

It sounds to me like you are a great candidate for the Rush. Go for it. I am not sure yet about the weight, as very few are being ridden yet.Someone else will chime in on that.

THe new DLR uses a refined damper, and as I understand is a vast improvement. You already know what to expect from the Lefty. (Smooth travel, precice (sp?) handling, point and shoot steering, ect.)
    gfy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The rush felt good when I test rode one, felt relatively light compared to others I've tried, I liked the suspension travel, seems to be the perfect ammount of travel for the type of riding we do. It climbed great, best full suspension climber I've ridden (but I haven't ridden very many) I liked the RP-3 with the platform. The one I got to test ride was a 3000 so it didn't have the same fork as what you are looking at, but it felt really good. The only major problem I had with the bike is that the bottom bracket was too low and I smacked my pedals a lot, but they tell me that's because I'm used to a hard tail which doesn't sag as much, I think I'll run mine a little stiffer in the back than the one I test rode and that should solve my problem. Overall I guess I liked it since my new one should be here in about a month.

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005

Rode a Rush 1000 that came off the cannondale demo truck. The bike is tons of fun to ride. Its a very comfy riding position and the bike is an increadable climber. Going down it isn't bad either. Its nothing compared to my Gemini but good none the less. The lefty is second to none. Super plush and responsive and is super stiff. Go for gold and get one.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    confidence inspiring, lightweight, sharp, plush, fast. these are the main words that come to mind about the rush.

personly, i think its the best bike ive ever ridden, but thats just my oppinion! model i rode was the 2000, took on a lap of an XC course that i hate..... cleaned it no worries. this bike is the shiznit. ill be putting in my order in 3 weeks when i have the cash....

only negative is that the lefty is noise, with that pssh pssh comming out when it depresses. never had a fork do that before, but if thats the only drawback then itsnot much to settle for!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HDTVKSS
    confidence inspiring, lightweight, sharp, plush, fast. these are the main words that come to mind about the rush.

personly, i think its the best bike ive ever ridden, but thats just my oppinion! model i rode was the 2000, took on a lap of an XC course that i hate..... cleaned it no worries. this bike is the shiznit. ill be putting in my order in 3 weeks when i have the cash....

only negative is that the lefty is noise, with that pssh pssh comming out when it depresses. never had a fork do that before, but if thats the only drawback then itsnot much to settle for!
    I remeber I read that the new Lefty DLR has no dedicated air cartridge, but they have made the whole upper-leg air container, which means you have much more air volume leading to less air pressure. In case I get it right the fork should be much more plusher than before, thanks to this.

Are you talking to me?

Correct, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    I remeber I read that the new Lefty DLR has no dedicated air cartridge, but they have made the whole upper-leg air container, which means you have much more air volume leading to less air pressure. In case I get it right the fork should be much more plusher than before, thanks to this.
    I know that the air can is larger, offering lower pressures and a more supple ride.
    gfy

Beep, Beep...

Rush 1000 weight...

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcatching
    Hi there,

My Rush 1000 (medium size) weighs 29 lbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0