mtbr member
    May 2007

Rush leverage ratio

I have been looking at aftermarket shocks for my Rush alloy, and see that cannondale describes the leverage ratio as 3:1 regressive. This number really doesn't make sense, since with an actual 3:1 ratio, the bike would have 5.25 inches of travel (1.75in stroke x 3). The actual avg leverage ratio appears to be 2.47:1 (4.33/1.75.) I assume cannondale is publishing the peak ratio rather than the avg when they use 3:1. The problem here is I was looking at Rockshox monarch shocks, and they have a chart describing what tune to use given a bikes leverage ratio in this thread: Rock Shox Monarch tuning

. On the chart, they have three different grids, one for neutral rate bikes, one for falling rate bikes like the rush, and one for rising rate bikes. since the chart already compensates for the falling rate of the rush, shouldn't I go with the avg leverage ratio (2.5:1 ish), which would require a B tune, versus using the published 3:1 number which would require a C tune? Am i completely off base on this here?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    check the link below for rush' lr curve. I would call someone with the know how and ask, like push, rs or some such. If your rush has a rp3 or rp23 on it then just push it.

http://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/20...mparativa.html

happy trails

gmk
    angels get bald too
    the rush had 4.3 inch of travel (110mm) and a damper with a hub of 1.97inch/50mm (190mm eye to eye damper length)
    the ratio is 2.2
    thatīs pretty good
    2. nice link klinkekule

i would take a moarch 4.2 in 190/50 in tune A
    better would be a rp23 with boostvalve

"Show your bike some love and it will show the love back."
    Eric, niner bikes

the most important vehicle is a 29er bicycle