mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Rush Frame Sizing - Alloy

I'm new to the forum and I'm sure this is a topic of constant debate, but I didn't see a clear answer to my issue.

I found a local dealer with a great deal on a 08 Rush 4, only problem is there is only one left, and it's a medium. Therefore, I can't do a comparison. It seems to fit, but I'm worried that it may be too small in the long run, once I get it out on the local trails.

I'm 5'10, 195, 32" inseam, would a M frame be a good fit, or should I hold out for a L?

Anyone out there my size running a M frame and having issues?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm the same size as you (20# lighter) and I went from a large Jekyll
    to a medium Rush and it is fine .
    The Jekyll was just a touch too big (step down) and I find with the
    sloping down tube and smaller size of the medium Rush , I feel more
    like I'm a part of the bike as apposed to someone sitting on top
    of the larger bike .

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have two rushes, an 07 carbon i bought used recently and an '06 alum that I had custom spec'd and assembled locally. I am 5'10, 215lbs, apprx a 33" inseam and when I test rode the bikes at a Cannondale demo the med rush felt too small for me. I thought I was going to hit my knees on the bars so I chose the large. Both of my bikes are an excellent fit for me. I am using a 100mm 5 deg stem, easton carbon riser bar and a straight seatpost on the alum model With this set up I am slightly more upright for a comfy fit. At my age I like to sit up slightly more.

The carbon bike as a straight seatpost and a 100mm flat stem with a riser bar and its very comfortable also.

The only way you are going to find out is by riding both sizes of bikes after they have been set up for your size and then you should decide on the best fit that allows for a comfortable ride.