mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rush Frame Only available in Raw.

I contacted Cannondale, I was told when the Rush is purchased just as a frameset it is only available in the Raw color. This is the optional color for the Rush 3000. Has anybody seen this color in person? What do you think? I think a lot of people get this confused with the Galvanized. It's doubtful I'll see one since most bike shops aren't going to stock a Rush 3000 seeing as it retails for $5000, at least I think that is what it retails for.
    Last edited by ssc280; 11-08-2005 at 09:30 AM.

LA CHÈVRE
    Raw: It's different than the Galvanized, Raw is just ... well, raw. You can see the brushed finish and that's it, they may have a clearcoat for protection but not as shiny and present as in the Galvanized. It really looks like bare aluminum (it just might be, I'm not sure).

Galvanized: It starts with a bare frame with a roughened finish and a glossy clearcoat. The clearcoat gives a lighter hue compared to the raw.

Raw with black tinted clearcoat: Same thing as the Raw but the clearcoat is glossy with a slight golden hue.

I love the three finishes, Raw is probably my personnal favorite although I have the 2005 Galvanized Prophet that has clear embossed decals, it's very classy yet pimpy and I love the fact that the decals are very stealth... The Raw has an industrial look and feel that some love and some don't.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 11-08-2005 at 10:54 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssc280
    I contacted Cannondale, I was told when the Rush is purchased just as a frameset it is only available in the Raw color. This is the optional color for the Rush 3000. Has anybody seen this color in person? What do you think? I think a lot of people get this confused with the Galvanized. It's doubtful I'll see one since most bike shops aren't going to stock a Rush 3000 seeing as it retails for $5000, at least I think that is what it retails for.
    Rush 3000 is available in Patriot Blue and Raw w/Black Tinted Clear HyperHighlight.
    You can check out the colour here.
    The "ordinary" raw is here

mtbr member
    That raw with the black tinted clear coat is effing dope man. I had a good look at one at a recent c-dal demo. That is the frame I would get if my team wasn't getting some custom painted ones. The blue 3000 are ugly enough to be condiered illegal in my book. That being said I have a date with one this weekend. what can I say, You demo what you can. Even if it is ugly and the wrong size.

p.s. When i say demo, I really mean trying to break the thing for 2 hours.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Rush 3000 is available in Patriot Blue and Raw w/Black Tinted Clear HyperHighlight.
    You can check out the colour here.
    The "ordinary" raw is here
    Exactly, but both are much nicer in person.

mtbr member

Frame sets 2006

Rush frameset in blue only !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by *Double Dutch*
    Europe might have Blue only while North America gets the Raw...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Europe might have Blue only while North America gets the Raw...
    Lucky them. Why do we get the ho hum 'raw' and they get something that looks cool? I do like the Rush 2k in brown. I hope they keep it at least until my Tomac breaks and I can get a new Rush.

mtbr member

I like the raw finish.

I have it on my 1fg and it hides scratches and it dosn't look funky if you hang an odd color component from it. How much does the fram only go for in the U.S.?.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What are they asking for the frame only? USD.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    What are they asking for the frame only? USD.
    LBS is asking 2k for frame+lefty carbon

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My LBS showed me where it says BTC for framesets. Bummer. So I take it there is no way around it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Double Dutch*
    Do you have prices for road frames? I was thinking about CAAD7 or Six13 trade-up from my old 3.0 series. Thanks

mtbr member

framesets 2006

Quote Originally Posted by pecka
    Do you have prices for road frames? I was thinking about CAAD7 or Six13 trade-up from my old 3.0 series. Thanks
    All the framesets 2006

D.D
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Rush frame and RP3, no fork, retails for $1200 in the States.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    2gs frame and fork. Wow, they're proud of that thing.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    2gs frame and fork. Wow, they're proud of that thing.
    They want you to get the complete bike...

USED2COULD
    Maybe it is worth noting that the R400 is only $1300.
    If you already had a fav 1 1/8" 100mm Fork, you could easily part out the other bits and pieces to get yourself an RP3 upgrade.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If they told you you can only buy a frame in raw they lied! I have a blue frame on order right now, should be here any time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Biker
    If they told you you can only buy a frame in raw they lied! I have a blue frame on order right now, should be here any time.
    Hopefully it is blue when it shows up for you. I was told by a few that Raw is the only frame color, maybe they work with people on that. I don't know.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hopefully it is blue when it shows up for you. I was told by a few that Raw is the only frame color, maybe they work with people on that. I don't know.
    If not then I'll just buy something else, but they said they could get it in blue, if not I won't be heart broken, I can get plenty of other bikes for the money they want for that frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I think that getting a blue or other color can be done, but it'll cost. My LBS said they could do it - evidently the rep. can work it out, but they said it wouldn't be eligible for a frame trade in..... ouch

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SkowVegas1
    Lucky them. Why do we get the ho hum 'raw' and they get something that looks cool? I do like the Rush 2k in brown. I hope they keep it at least until my Tomac breaks and I can get a new Rush.
    Ok, Europe frame only colour can be better... but if you pay for a Rush 1000 2600$, we pay for the same one 3400Euros, that is something like 4000$... do you still think we are luky?? You can buy the frame, sending it back to Cannondale to be repainted still saving a lot of $ with respect to European customers!!!

If I fly into the USA from Italy, I can pick up a Rush, make a nice travel and still come back with some money in my pocket!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayman
    Ok, Europe frame only colour can be better... but if you pay for a Rush 1000 2600$, we pay for the same one 3400Euros, that is something like 4000$... do you still think we are luky?? You can buy the frame, sending it back to Cannondale to be repainted still saving a lot of $ with respect to European customers!!!

If I fly into the USA from Italy, I can pick up a Rush, make a nice travel and still come back with some money in my pocket!!!
    not only do you have to pay a lot more (probably due to improt tarrifs) you also have to live in Europe. I don't know how you guys do it.
    one pedal stroke at a time

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

No good

Quote Originally Posted by A-Dog
    not only do you have to pay a lot more (probably due to improt tarrifs) you also have to live in Europe. I don't know how you guys do it.
    WOW, what a nice answer!!

If it is the way you use to say "welcome" to extraUSA people, well, I'm very happy not to live near to you!! But I'm sure it is not the case...

USED2COULD

If it is the way you use to say "welcome" to extraUSA people, well, I'm very happy not to live near to you!! But I'm sure it is not the case...
    I read sarcasm in A-Dog's post.

mtbr member

just joking around bro. That is what we do in America. I am in Texas so I we make fun of those who live in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Loseranna, while the rest of the country and Canada make fun of us. It is a viscous cycle that never ends.

As a cyclist, about 90 percent of us mercian's wish our scence was like europe.
    one pedal stroke at a time

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    just joking around bro. That is what we do in America. I am in Texas so I we make fun of those who live in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Loseranna, while the rest of the country and Canada make fun of us. It is a viscous cycle that never ends.

As a cyclist, about 90 percent of us mercian's wish our scence was like europe.
    Ok, don't you worry, I like to joke too... but you've been faster than me You waited just few hours from my first post in this forum!!!

Have a nice WE... now I leave the office and get rid of that silly technology (computer?? bleah!!)... I just only want to buy and ride the Rush 1000!!!

Kayman

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Ive got the Raw w/ Black tinted....

and it kicks a$$. In the sunlight it almost looks gold with these burly looking blacked out letters. In the shade it looks raw.

I got it as a frameset and built it up. I was skeptical about the color until it showed up at the LBS. Much better than blue...

Rat Fink
    Interesting. My dealer quoted me $1200 for the frame PLUS $395 for the RP3.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

Bike to the Bone...
    That raw with the black tinted clear coat is effing dope man. I had a good look at one at a recent c-dal demo. That is the frame I would get if my team wasn't getting some custom painted ones. The blue 3000 are ugly enough to be condiered illegal in my book. That being said I have a date with one this weekend. what can I say, You demo what you can. Even if it is ugly and the wrong size.

p.s. When i say demo, I really mean trying to break the thing for 2 hours.
    Just consider that if the bike is the wrong size it may feel different than the right sized, IMHO.

Members who have read this thread: 0