mtbr member
    May 2009

Rush Fork upgrade

Hey guys I picked up a Demo Rush from Mammoth, thankfully being a taller guy I was able to score a great XL sized rush. Bikes really fun and for being my first soft tail I love it a whole ton.

Now the bike came with a Rockshox Dart 3 120mm fork, the fork is ok but I am in need of something much better. I am looking at a Marzocchi 55 TST2 Air because Jenson has them for $300 which seams like an amazing deal for this fork. Now my main question is will the 160mm of travel be to much for my frame? Or should I be looking at getting the Marzocchi 44 Rlo which has 140mm of travel?

Thanks everyone

mtbr member
    160 is too much, it will slack out the HTA and make the bike climb like crap. I also think that the Marz 44 will be too much. Basically anything over 120 and you will the slacking the HTA and causing the climbing to suffer.

Why are you set on Marz? I would be checking ebay for good deals on Fox F120's.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    160 is too much, it will slack out the HTA and make the bike climb like crap. I also think that the Marz 44 will be too much. Basically anything over 120 and you will the slacking the HTA and causing the climbing to suffer.

Why are you set on Marz? I would be checking ebay for good deals on Fox F120's.
    Thanks for the heads up, I went with the Marz 44 2010 which is limited to 120mm which was factory on the bike. Seams like a pretty nice fork and just need to dial in the shock to my liking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just put an x-fusion velour on mine, such a fantastic fork! The x-fusion forks are well made, simple, and with a little suspension know how more adjustable than anything on the market.
    I have my rush set up like a mini downhill bike with a cane creek angleset, and the fork at 130mm, and couldn't be happier!

Happy trails!
    Matt