mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Rush Carbon vs. other 4" bikes?

I rode a Rush Carbon at I-Bike, and was very, very impressed. I was cleaning stuff that normally I would want 5" of travel to do, and the bike, on technical terrain, was as good as most 5" bikes I have owned. It was much more impressive than the standard Rush-maybe it was the stiffness of the front triangle that I normally associate with much burlier bikes?

Anyways, I didn't get a chance to try another bike in comparison with the Rush Carbon that was of similiar travel. The closest I got was the Intense 5.5, which was no match for the Rush (all of the other bikes I tried were closer to 6" and had more of a long-travel trailbike feel). Who amongst you have tried the Rush Carbon against other 4" bikes, and what were your feelings? Also, has anyone had problems with not wanting to ride aggressively in fear of the carbon being damaged and not fixable?

mtbr member
    I had a similar question. I am currently riding a 2005 Specialized Stumjumper FSR 120 Expert. I am looking for a bike that is more efficent but also handel some technical terain.

I have it narrowed down to the Giant Trance 0 and the Rush.
    The local shop that i test rode the bike at only had a alum. Rush and i could only test it in the parking lot. The giant felt more efficent at the pedals and the rear suspension seemed plusher. The Rush handeled like a dream. I have never ridden a lefty and it felt amazing. The rear supension felt stiffer than the Giant but it could have been the way it was set up.

My local shop is going to be getting a Carbon Rush in next week so i am going to test ride it and see how much better it feels. I have only heard great things about the Carbon Rush.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have TRANCE 0

i however have just sold it in favor of a rush carbon

purely and i mean purely because i have an obsession with the carbon lefty dunno why i just like the look and performance of it

i was offered the carbon lefty and frame for 1500 uk pounds

my only negative really were the weight of the trance , for a 4 inch bike i want something lighter but that is my only critisism of the trance platform apart from that it does everything well