mtbr member
    Apr 2005

RUSH carbon vs alum

I've been riding a 2006 Rush 2000 for a while now and am very happy with the bike (still wish the BB was a little higher) and am considering an upgrade to the Carbon.

What are the main differences in the ride characteristics between the older alum frames and the new carbon ones - is it worth the upgrade ??

I'd appreciate any comments and thanks

Huge Tracts of Land
    I would say most definately.

The feel, resiliency and snap of the frame is way beyond the Al frames. It goes where you want, it rails everything, it accelerates very quickly and you can ride all day and it only feels like half the time.
    Haven MTB Park
    1997 F2000
    2004 F4000 SL
    2007 Carbon Rush 1 Team

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Carbon's nice

I went from a 2006 RUSH Team alum. to a 2007 Carbon RUSH 1. I didn't think it could get much better, but the carbon is just unbelievable. I took a hit selling the "06 but I don't regret it now. Cost/benefit is up to you, but for my money, carbon's the way to go in the RUSH.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks guys

It's pretty much as I expected - if only it was possible to get a loan bike and take it out for a day, life would be much easier.

Carbon definitely seems to be the way to go. If only I knew what Cannondale was going to offer as an upgrade to the current Prophet. The 2008 models are not worth considering given their current specs and I'm sure there is something good on the way... A carbon Prophet with 130mm travel - now that would be worth the wait or am I dreaming ????????

Thanks again