meatheadboy
    Aug 2006

Rush bottom bracket size?

Hey All,

Can you tell me what size bottom bracket is on an '07 rush 3z? i can get a really good deal on an BB-73e FSA MegaExo Bottom Bracket but want to make it'll fit my ride first. he's selling it because it won't fit his ride.

Thanks!

John

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The Rush has a 68mm English threaded bottom bracket shell. The BB-73e is a threaded cup design which should come with 2x2.5mm spacers to allow proper fit on either a 73 or 68mm shell. You can always get the spacers elsewhere if it has no spacers.

meatheadboy
    Aug 2006
    shoot, that's what i was afraid of, glad i didn't buy it!

it is a 73 mm English thread, not a 68/73 mm bottom bracket.

thanks for letting me know.

john

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think you may have misunderstood. If it's a 73mm bb, it will fit by using the two 2.5mm spacers. If they are not included with the bb, you can find many sources online or your lbs should have some.

BTW, this is the way most bottom brackets come new.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhugo71
    shoot, that's what i was afraid of, glad i didn't buy it!

it is a 73 mm English thread, not a 68/73 mm bottom bracket.

thanks for letting me know.

john

meatheadboy
    Aug 2006
    ok, sorry, i've never installed one of these before. so just for my understanding, the "sleeve" that runs through the bottom bracket is 73mm, the 2 spacers go between the cups and the bottom bracket to bring the width equal? i'll have my lbs do the install for me but i like to know how things work. does that sound right?

thanks for the info, i went ahead and bought it from the guy, i figure for $25 if it doesn't work i'm not out tons.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's basically correct. The sleeve fits inside the cups which extend into the bb shell, so it isn't actually 73mm long. Most of these type bb's are made to fit both 68 and 73mm shells by using two 2.5mm spacers. Using these spacers effectively increases your 68mm shell to a 73mm shell. You would omit the spacers if you have a 73mm shell.