mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Rush 800 specs...

I was looking to upgrade my seatpost and handlebar on my 06 Rush 800 and I needed the specs on those. Does anyone have the seatpost size (is it 27.2 and not sure of length I neeed) as well as the width on the FSA handlebars. I believe the clamp diameter is 31.8?

Thanks in adavance!

Brooks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I know the seatpost is 27.2, which I think is pretty standard. I just upgraded to a Thomson Elite. Not sure about the bar width, but they are probably the widest.

USED2COULD
    Quote Originally Posted by brooksg
    I was looking to upgrade my seatpost and handlebar on my 06 Rush 800 and I needed the specs on those. Does anyone have the seatpost size (is it 27.2 and not sure of length I neeed) as well as the width on the FSA handlebars. I believe the clamp diameter is 31.8?

Thanks in adavance!

Brooks
    Hi Brooks,
    the length of your seatpost depends on the size of your bike (s/m/l/xl). If you are upgrading might I recommend that you take this opportunity to spec your preferred length for the seat post. For example, if you currently have a 400mm post, but 250mm of that is inside the seattube, then perhaps the replacement need only be 330mm long. (Just ensure that the seatpost is inserted below the lower weld where the top tube meets the seat tube.)

Similar answer for the bar width, stock I believe is about 25" wide. But you could if you like go with a 24" wide bar.

EDIT: PS: you are correct - seat post = 27.2, clamp = 31.8. (at top of forum Tony has a sticky post with this type of info)
    '12 Jet 9 RDO 22.9 lb
    '14 Rip 9 | Pike 140mm 26.6
    10 Sanderson Soloist 23.8 lb Stolen
    '09 Hammer 29'er 20.5 lb